• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Experience with Quadratec

99XJLove

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, so i'm a little upset right now and feel like venting. I am writing this to tell you all of my experience with Quadratec.com. About 3 months ago I ordered my Ball joints, Swaybar bushings, and a AEM Dryflow stock replacement air filter from them. I got the e-mail conferming my order and it said that the Ball joints, and bushings were sent out but the Air filter was on backorder. I had orderd this same air filter from another web site earlier in 08. I waited for a month for the air filter only to find out that AEM hadn't started to produce them yet.

When I contacted AEM about the filter they told me that it was still in the stages of development and that they wouldn't be producing them untill June or July of 2008. So I called the company back and canceld my order. So I waited untill October of 08 and then found out that Quadratec was selling them through a e-mail I receved about all AEM products being 10% off. So I went to their site and they had them up for order. So I was all ready to get my filter when a month went by I called Quadratec and asked what was up with my order. They told me that it was BACK ORDERED. I then proceded to tell the Customer service rep about my previous experience, and them not being produced at the time. So the rep put me on hold and Called AEM while I was on the phone. He then got back on and assured me that they were being made and there was no ETA on delivery, but again assured me that I would be getting one.

Now 2 months has gone by so I decided to call AEM again and find out what was going on. I told AEM my story about the previous order, and the rep from AEM told me that he was sorry but they still hadn't been making them. So I get ahold of Quadratec this morning and tell them the situation and ask them why they led me on for three months when the product wasn't even being made. All that they had to tell me was that my card hadn't been charged so it's not their problem. They didn't want to offer me another product, or upgrade, or even sympathy. They just said that since they didn't charge my card then they didn't owe me any explination.

Now to me this is bad customer service and bad representation of a company. I know Quadratec is a reputable company, but I feel mistreated and don't really know what to do or where to go from here. I do feel that they should have atleast offered me another option or something, not just blow me off. (end rant) :mad:

Last edited:
Quadratec is on my short list of companies to not do business with as well. A few years back, I placed an order with them, including a set of shackle bushings. The shrinkwrap on the card was broken, and 2 pieces were missing. It took months to finally get the missing parts.

I've ordered two sets of wheels and some other items through Quadratec over the years with no problems.

But a few years ago, I ordered a skid plate that turned out to be a real POS. When I opened the box, there was hardware missing and a letter from an unsatisfied customer who had bought the skid plate before me and returned it.

I guess Quadratec received the return from this customer and didn't even bother to look inside the box to see if all the parts were there. And they missed the letter.

:)

I ordered a hat from them once, it was completely the wrong hat. I called them, and they sent me the right hat, and let me keep the previous one.

It left a bittersweet taste in my mouth. On one hand, I hear a lot of good stuff about this company so I decided I'd buy something small from them first as a kind of test. They failed. If they can't get a simple baseball hat right, what happens when I spend thousands of dollars on a lift kit and rims and tires? They gonna send me the wrong one? I mean, I know its just a baseball hat and no big deal, but still... I'm just sayin. On the other hand, they sent me the right hat by 2 day shipping, and he was pleasant on the phone and I got a free hat for my lady. So as of now, they're neutral to me. I'll most likely buy my stuff from another place, but more because of price, not so much because of my experience. Although, if I had an excellent experience from them, price might not be as much of a factor.

what I'm seeing is that nobody is saying quadratec ripped them off, ie charged a cc and no ship, just problems with general incompetence
Read post 2 again, then. I was shipped a card of bushing that was broken into, and parts missing. There is *NO* way that this was not noticed in packing. That's not incompetence, that's fraud. I did not pay for 3/4s of the shackle bushings, I paid for a full shipment, and had to fight for months to get the missing pieces.

I have ordered alot of items from them with no problems. my only gripe has been with shipping. I wish that they offered a cheaper alternative for getting to Alaska, like postal. Imagine spending half to a thrid of whatever you spent on an item to have it shipped to you every time you buy something. It makes upgrades and replacements rough to say the least.

What you guy's have to realize is they are a middle man. They don't MAKE anything. They have to rely on their suppliers. If they have an item in their catilog, it doesn't mean they have it sitting on THEIR shelves.

But one would hope that at the very least the product would be in production if it is being advertised as available.

But one would hope that at the very least the product would be in production if it is being advertised as available.

Exactly. I'm not trying to trash talk Quadratec, I just feel that I was mistreated and they didn't care. Hell they got $100+ from me in previous buisness. I just wanted more than a oh well we'll cancel the order. I posted this same thing on other web sites incluting JF and Colorado4x4. One of the mods at CO4x4 must have deleted my post because it started an argument. I'm not trying to go there I just wanted to let people know what happend. That is deffinately the wrong way to keep a buisness running. :looser:

Both my Dad's TJ bumper, and my XJ bumper came with the wrong size d-rings for them. They were seperate orders and we even checked our recipt to see if we had entered in the computer correctly. Which we did.
Quad gave us new ones for free and paid for shipping, but it was still a hassle.

But they do & will trust that if a supplier say's they will have a product made at a given time, they will try to be the first one to make it available in their latest catalog. But, I agree, they should of just fessed up & told you they couldn't deliver what you ordered. Attleast you didn't lose any $ over it.

I have ordered alot of items from them with no problems. my only gripe has been with shipping. I wish that they offered a cheaper alternative for getting to Alaska, like postal. Imagine spending half to a thrid of whatever you spent on an item to have it shipped to you every time you buy something. It makes upgrades and replacements rough to say the least.

Can't you work out something w/ SACTO. It seems like a little room on a Herc northbound would not be an issue.

I ordered a hat from them once, it was completely the wrong hat. I called them, and they sent me the right hat, and let me keep the previous one.

On the other hand, they sent me the right hat by 2 day shipping, and he was pleasant on the phone and I got a free hat

Same thing happened to me, except the replacement hat was incorrect also. Got the "Cherokee" hat finally on third attempt.

I'm sorry Bob, but an operation the size of Quadratec would seem to me like they would check with their suppliers before putting a product on their "shelves". I mean if you order something from Wal-Mart.com that they say is in their store, then when you get there to pick it up they don't have any, wouldn't you be a bit upset? I mean, I ordered a medium pizza from Pizza Hut online, only to have them call me 20 min later saying they are out. I cancelled the order. If you advertise having something, you really ought to have it.

Bob, once again you need to jump over that fence, wrong side sir..LOL
Darky is right, an you know it. You would be all over this if it was you ....

Can't you work out something w/ SACTO. It seems like a little room on a Herc northbound would not be an issue.

Thatd be the day, haha.

I have all my shit shipped to my mom in NC, then she ships the items up to me on her company UPS acount... spoiled, I know...

I guess we all have our versions of vendor horror stories.

Once upon a time I ordered some fleece camo from L.L. Bean (back when they were still real outfitters) for Canadian hunt. Some yahoo in picking & shipping sent me the coat in one camo pattern and the trousers in another. Come on, something like that happens, the employee just doesn't give a damn. I think I was the funniest looking hunter in camp that season.

Don't get mad, get even. First, always find out the person's name and write it down. Write to customer service, a letter will always trump an email or telephone call. Still no satisfaction, send a copy of the first letter, with any response from customer service attached, with a new letter to the CEO. Always be absolutely nice, but firm, and let them know what you expect from them.

In the old days, dealing with a local business, satisfied customers would tell about 3 other people, and dissatisfied people would tell about 20 people--customer service was better in the old days because you could ruin your business by screwing only a few customers.

Today, mail order, online ordering, the consumer has lost most of their power.

One last point, as some posted earlier, most of these companies don't stock all of their items, hell, some don't stock anything! They count on their suppliers to drop ship items directly to the consumer with their lable/return address on the package!

Anyway, no excuse for shoddy treatment.

My 2-cents worth.

Doesn't someone on here work for Quadratec? I could have swore that there was a guy who worked for them

Regardless of if they have it on their "shelf" or not, they shouldn't be selling a product that hasn't even hit the market yet and there is no ETA on when it will be available. I went ahead and sent an Email last night and It was responded to when I woke up this morning. I had to give them my order # and all of that stuff and it will be looked into. I can understand the guy on the phone saying that it is not their fault, but it still doesn't make it right. If it hasn't been released or even patented then it shouldn't be for sale by a middle man or any other buisness for that matter.

Back