• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Off Road Show

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
https://uorshow.com/tennessee/

This is a great show. For the last several years it was held in June in Louisville. This year they are moving it to the Fairgrounds in Nashville. I'm pretty excited about that. It's a really good show. I went two of the last 3 years.

Also - food for thought - the Turkey Bay Annual Work Day is scheduled for April 27. Free admission and raffle. Usually do some trail maintenance, campsite trash clean up, and boundary line definition.

There is also a ride at Turkey Bay the last weekend of this month....

Who put that together and what are the details?

I'll look it back up, it's on Facebook so I'll try and link it.

Turkey Bay is in Land Between the Lakes Kentucky. Closer to you is Adventure Off-Road in South Pittsburg, Wooly's in Lynville, Wheelin in the Country in Summertown, and Hale Mountain in Elora.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good guys here. Tons of knowledge, and good people to hang out on the trails and at the campfire with.

Consider coming to the Cherokee Crawl this 4th of July in Harlan KY.

I will by going to the show this year since it's so close. I plan on taking my son. Curious what the obstacle course tickets are for. I wonder if that's to ride it or watch it?

I'm trying to see what I've got going on during those dates. I've had several invites from friends on FB about it.

At the Louisville event, they had a huge obstacle course built - mud pit, rock garden, hill climbs, etc. I never did it because I never took Annie up there. Lots of people were on it, but I don't know if it was a ticketed deal or a "line up and wait your turn" kind of deal.

I'm hopeful I'll be able to take mine there. It should at least be drive-able by then.

I watched a video on the show held last year in Louisville and I don't see how everything is going to fit at the Nashville fairgrounds. Maybe there are fewer booths or something.

If it is anything like Louisville, there will be a lot of really neat off road products and Jeep stuff to check out.

The exhibition halls are pretty big. They have a huge car show there every January that I was in once. There were maybe 100 booths as well as probably 75 cars inside. At the Louisville show, they used one conference hall that held some of the booths and some of the vehicles, and the rest were on the other side of a parking lot near the off-road course. I would suspect that they'll likely build the off-road course in the racetrack infield. I think that the fairgrounds, while the indoor space is a little more "choppy", there is likely more flexibility there. There is one central hall at the fairgrounds, and if they do an Ian Johnson build like they've been doing, I suspect that might be in that hall.

Did anyone make it to this event?

I did, and I saw Brian there also.

Compared to the show when it was in Lousiville, it was, in the words of my 10 year old, a "garbage show." Lots of vendors weren't in attendance. The obstacle course was very small, and the BF Goodrich test track was on pavement.

Tyler did have Bombshell Betty and the Hemi Comanche on display. Very few XJs at all on display. Actually, I think the only one I saw was Bleepin' Jeep's Scorpion Crawler - which isn't much of an XJ anymore. More MJs than XJs.

The show this year seems to be a lot about bolt on crap for the Wrangler crowd and rims. The display Jeeps? It was like walking into the 4x4 hall at SEMA...lots of show, little go.

I did get a sticker that said "Lockers before Lightbars." I'll find a good place to display that.

I'd be curious to get Brian's opinion - only since he's never been before. Again, I was jaded because the Louisville show was so huge.

Sure did. I took my son both days and we had a great time. He was obsessed with driving around this toy raptor and playing with the RC rock crawlers. I was able to drive a BFG rental jeep over their obstacle course and he really enjoyed that. Visited a bunch of vendors and checked out some cool looking jeeps. Albeit, most jeeps in the actual show were just that... show jeeps. I'd say 75% of the Jeeps there never see dirt. It was still really fun and I got to put Fiona 2 on the CTI trailer. Even ran into Cottantail while we were out there. All in all, a really fun weekend with my son and I think I did a good job planting the off-roading seed over the last two weekends. LOL.

46999451274_a02a6415ce_b.jpg

46872333615_421808a62a_b.jpg

47788630771_78b36450b8_b.jpg

46999452334_e98218af6a_b.jpg

46999452414_380c589b03_b.jpg

46872333985_afee83f4da_b.jpg

Back