• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dirt Every Day - XJ Special

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I watched the New Dirt Every Day episode on Motortrend yesterday. They devoted it to XJ's. They built three of them and each focused on a different major mod.

One got a BDS lift and 35" mud tires, one got gears and 30/950R15 mud tires, and the last got armor (front and rear bumpers, sliders and a winch and the 30/950R15 mud tires. Then they ran them head to head.

Pretty interesting to see how they each did. It was also sad to see them just treat them as disposable rigs. At least two of the XJ's looked to be decent rigs even though they bought them cheap.

It kind of reminded me as I started building my 1988, deciding what mods to do first and how to proceed as I went. The red one was my pick.

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever watched that show. I guess I'm going to have to now.

i LOVE dirt every day. great, entertaining show. I'm jealous of what they do on there. I watched the XJ episode yesterday morning at work. couldn't wait for the XJ episode to release.

The XJ episode was very typical of how most "budget minded" builders would go about building a trail truck.

It was a pretty good episode.

Back