• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wide Track Rock Sliders

DrSockMonkey

NAXJA Forum User
Well got the first side of my rock sliders done tonight. They are super stout. And to think I was looking into nerf bars initially.:twak: They seem to stick out a little far. Is this farther than average? They actually stick out a little farther than they appear to in the pictures. They extend beyond the wheels. Thanks for any responses.

2w3usyb.jpg

...shoulda stuck with the nerf bars. :looser:

They look good to me. I like the protection that you have from trees now.

Looks good, I have C4x4 fab 2x4 rockrails, they stick out pretty far too(I can use them as steps to get stuff off my roof). It might look a little goofy but you'll appreciate the standoff distance

I will get a straight on shot tomorrow Rod. I really like the combination of the Rock Sliders an the Tophat rack rails for tree protection. I actually like the way they look.:yelclap: I was just concerned that I was gonna be at a disadvantage clearance wise. I did the passenger side first so my wife and kids could get in easier.:kissyou:

I like the way they stick out. I might have to get me a set .

killer98xjsport said:
Has any one seen the post about make the sliders part of the rocker pannels?

Which one? I have read a few write ups on this and the only thing I don't like about it is the ones I have seen do not stick out very far for tree protection. But they do seem to be lighter weight than the ones I have.

killer98xjsport said:
Has any one seen the post about make the sliders part of the rocker pannels?
Go to www.JPFreek.com (tech section) for the condensed Reader's Digest version, or for the full montey click here.

Also, feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the whole thing. They turned out great:

CIMG1149.jpg

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Go to www.JPFreek.com (tech section) for the condensed Reader's Digest version, or-----Matt-----

Where's the tech section??? I'm blind, stupid or it ain't there? (Yes all three are possible :rof: )

Metal Thrasher said:
Where's the tech section??? I'm blind, stupid or it ain't there? (Yes all three are possible :rof: )
Nah...it's just buried. Download the magazine, go to the index, go to tech (the "Freek Garage") section. Voila!

As a side note, we're looking at including more online content (not just the magazine) in the very near future, so stay tuned. I'd love to see monthly, if not weekly, online updates and stories in the upcoming months before we go to print.

-----Matt-----

Back