• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first Comp

Scott Mac

NAXJA Member #10
NAXJA Member
I'll be participating in a comp this coming weekend. If anybody wants to come out and cheer they're welcome to. Camping spaces are filled up so if you want to stay the night you'll need to find a motel. This isn't sanctioned, it's just a fun comp between rival clubs for bragging rights with all proceeds going to Champions for Life Kids Camp.

To The Limit Challenge

I'd love to come out to cheer ya on Scott, but you're a little far away bro! :D

I'll be there in spirit tho! Go get 'em and have a blast doin' it! Lookin' forward to hearing how you did and maybe some pics!
:party:

Troy

I'll be there to cheer ya on, and I'll be your official photographer if the job's available. I hear you're gonna have a good spotter? :D

I'd love to be there...... but I'm anticipating that I'll be recovering from a lay-off drunk on Saturday.

lesslimited said:
I'll be there to cheer ya on, and I'll be your official photographer if the job's available. I hear you're gonna have a good spotter? :D
Bring it. My spotter and I will be to busy to take pics.

MaXJohnson said:
What kind of events do they have lined up for ya?
I haven't seen the trails yet. But from the sounds of it, they've been out there with backhoes and water pumps, it'll be a mud vest with some hill climbs thrown in for variety

Vug said:
Are you competing on Sunday too or just Saturday?

Both days.

I hear your spotter's gonna have his hands in his pockets :D

Beezil said:
he isn't standing in a bunch of barkeatin' mudpuddles!
I guess that's where the photographer will be :anon:

lesslimited said:
I guess that's where the photographer will be :anon:

One of the mud holes.

P1010007.jpg

scott....

wanna do some strategizing on this thread????

I say.....

take the toolbox out, will it fit in the wj? bring the spare, we'll leave it at camp.

I'm wondering if you'd be willing to remove your tailgate, just for this trip? it would allow us to have a tow strap in the vehicle but attatched for rear counterbalance in the sniper pits, but mostly, get rid of some rear weight, wanna lighten up your rig, I'll be able to stand easier ont he corners if need be, and its one less thing we'll hafta worry about trashing.

I can have a shackle tab ready, but wondering if we could just use hook retainers....if they have a one strap rule, I'll be able to whip the strap off easier.....

could you be talked into doorless?

Beezil said:
scott....

wanna do some strategizing on this thread????

I say.....

take the toolbox out, will it fit in the wj? bring the spare, we'll leave it at camp.

I'm wondering if you'd be willing to remove your tailgate, just for this trip? it would allow us to have a tow strap in the vehicle but attatched for rear counterbalance in the sniper pits, but mostly, get rid of some rear weight, wanna lighten up your rig, I'll be able to stand easier ont he corners if need be, and its one less thing we'll hafta worry about trashing.

I can have a shackle tab ready, but wondering if we could just use hook retainers....if they have a one strap rule, I'll be able to whip the strap off easier.....

could you be talked into doorless?

Tool box will be a major pita, I'm sleeping in the WJ.
Spare isnt a problem. Door's can come off.

My major concerns are.
No winch, 297's arn't welded. And I don't think I can get the lincoln locker installed in time.

just my .02

Wieght is everyhting, it will help your u-jopint worries as well.

How big of a tool box do you need? Condense what you need ot fix the things you anticipate to a tool bag. just enough to do a u-joint or axle shaft a lonmg with some basics for other things but nothing major.

find the time to lockit up... I think that and a wilingness to hurt the XJ will be the keyt.

Back