• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

el dorado travel management plan email I recieved today

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Havent read anything yet though:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5410354.pdf

Dear Interested Party,

The Forest Service, Eldorado National Forest, has prepared a Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (DSEIS) for the Travel Management Project to designate 42 specific existing routes for public motorized use, and is inviting comments on the draft document. The document analyzes four different alternatives. It is organized in two parts. Volume 1 contains the analysis, and Volume 2 contains maps for each alternative. I have identified Alternative 3 as my preferred alternative at this point in time.

The DSEIS is available for review on the web at http://www.fs.usda.gov/eldorado/. A printed copy may also be viewed at the Eldorado National Forest Supervisor’s Office located at 100 Forni Road, Placerville, CA 95667; at the Placerville Ranger District Office located at 4260 Eight Mile Road, Camino, CA 95709; at the Pacific Ranger District Office located at 7887 Highway 50, Pollock Pines, CA 95726-9602; and at the Amador Ranger District Office located at 26820 Silver Drive, Pioneer, CA 95666.

Three open house meetings will be held to present and discuss the DSEIS. The purpose of these open houses is to introduce the DSEIS, and to provide you with guidance on providing meaningful comments during the public comment period. We hope you will join us at one of these meetings:

February 26, 2013; 3 PM to 8 PM

Placerville Best Western Inn, 6850 Green Leaf Drive, Placerville, CA

March 5, 2013; 4 PM to 8 PM

Turtle Rock Community Center, 17300 State Route 89, Markleeville, CA

March 6, 2013; 3 PM to 8 PM

Amador County Supervisor’s Office; 810 Court Street, Jackson, CA

The purpose of this comment period is to give an opportunity for the public to provide early and meaningful participation on a proposed action prior to a decision being made by the Responsible Official. Those who provide comments during this comment period are eligible to participate in the administrative review process. At this time the Notice, Comment, and Appeal Procedures (36 CFR part 215) are the regulations providing guidance on the administrative review process. The Forest Service published a proposed rule for a Project-Level Predecisional Administrative Review Process in the Federal Register (Federal Register volume 77, Number 153, August 8, 2012) to replace the 36 CFR part 215 Notice, Comment and Appeal Procedures. The Forest Service will be implementing the Final Predecisional Administrative Review Procedures (36 CFR part 218) in the next few months and the Responsible Official may choose to follow that process for this project if available and timely.

Comment Period: The Environmental Protection Agency is expected to publish a Notice of Availability (NOA) for the DSEIS in the Federal Register on February 22, 2013. The opportunity to provide comments to establish eligibility to appeal/object under 36 CFR 215/36 CFR 218 ends 45 days following that date, expected to be April 8, 2013. Written, facsimile, hand-delivered, oral, and electronic comments concerning this action will be accepted; however, to assure eligibility to object if the administrative review process is used, comments should be written rather than oral. The publication date of the NOA in the Federal Register is the exclusive means for calculating the comment period for a proposed action documented in a DSEIS. Those wishing to comment should not rely upon dates or timeframe information provided by any other source.

How to Comment: Written comments must be submitted to: Kathryn D. Hardy, Forest Supervisor, 100 Forni Road, Placerville, CA 95667. The office business hours for those submitting hand-delivered comments are: 8:00 to 4:30 Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.

Oral comments must be provided at the Responsible Official’s office during normal business hours via telephone (530) 622-5061 or in person, or at an official agency function (public open house) that is designed to elicit public comments. Electronic comments must be submitted in a format such as an email message, plain text (.txt), rich text format (.rtf), or Word (.doc) to [email protected]. In cases where no identifiable name is attached to a comment, a verification of identity will be required for appeal eligibility. If using an electronic message, a scanned signature is one way to provide verification.

It is the responsibility of persons providing comments to submit them by the close of the comment period. Only those who submit timely comments will have eligibility to appeal/object the subsequent decision under 36 CFR 215/36 CFR 218. Individuals and organizations wishing to be eligible to appeal/object must meet the information requirements of 36 CFR 215.6/36 CFR 218.5.

Sincerely,

Kathryn D. Hardy

their prefferred method is to keep deer valley (09n83(19E01)) closed:

"Alternative 3 – Preferred Alternative
Alternative 3 was developed in response to public comments received during the scoping period for this SEIS. There would not be any amendments to the ENF LRMP under this alternative.
Alternative 3 is similar to Alternative 1 with the following exceptions:
The LRMP would not be amended for the routes as proposed in Alternative 1: 09N01, 09N08, 09N82 (16E26), 09N83 (19E01), 09N95, 10N01, 0.5 miles of 10N13 (Schneider Camp Road), 6.8 miles of 10N13 (17E73; Strawberry Cr. 4WD trail), 10N14, 10N21 (16E27; Long Canyon 4WD trail), 10N98, 11N23F (16E33), 11N26F (16E21; Barrett 4WD trail), 11NY32, 14N39, 17E16, 17E19, 17E24, 17E28. Instead, these routes would continue to be part of the NFTS but would not be designated for public motorized use and identified on a Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) until the routes are in compliance with Standard and Guideline 100 as it pertains to meadows. This alternative identifies these routes for future corrective actions, but does not analyze the actions necessary to bring each into compliance with Standard and Guideline 100. Corrective actions would be proposed and analyzed as part of future NEPA analyses, as funding to implement corrective actions becomes available. After corrective actions have been analyzed and implemented, the route would appear as a designated public motorized road or trail on the next revision of the MVUM.

"

it looks like there is only one meadow on deer valley that does not meet the criteria, perhaps we can work with whatever club that manages that trial to help get that one meadow crossing up to par

No more Deer Valley, no more Strawberry and one of my favorites was Barrett Lake are all toast!

Way too far of a walk to show my kids the plane crash now.

Wing_zps36d099e8.jpg

LAME!

I think we need to try to go these meetings they are holding and need our voices to be heard, hopefully we can sway some of these options, this is totally ridiculous?

I got the same e mail.This is the comment period, no alternatives have been permanently decided on.This is our time as the offroad community to voice our reasons to keep the trails open. Write good comments no bashing or name calling and reasons why the trails should remain open. This is the same process they did for the rubicon so GET WRITING BOYS AND GIRLS!!!

Did I miss something? What is the ADA?
Please enlighten me

:lecture:

It is the Americans with Disabilities Act, the idea has been around for years to use lawsuits to keep the trails open for motorized vehicles for people with disabilities to have accessibility to camp spots etc...

I don't see it standing up in court but who knows it might keep the trails open for a few more years.

To the best of my knowledge no one has tried to use the ADA to this regard. But if you think about it, its the perfect fit. The ADA has literally been used to put MANY small businesses OUT of business (think the Squeeze Inn in Sacto, Google it, http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011...congress-to-protect-businesses-from-lawsuits/ )

Unless the USFS is exempt from the ADA this is the perfect opportunity to test this therory. All we need now is money, or wait for my Daughter to finish her undergrad studies, go to Law School, pass the Bar, and then we're in! LOL.

I'm confused, are the meetings to make a comment or are they to learn how to make a comment? ("The purpose of these open houses is to introduce the DSEIS, and to provide you with guidance on providing meaningful comments during the public comment period")

Either way, if some of you would join me I'd like to attend this Tuesdays meeting in Placerville. Any takers?

I'm confused, are the meetings to make a comment or are they to learn how to make a comment? ("The purpose of these open houses is to introduce the DSEIS, and to provide you with guidance on providing meaningful comments during the public comment period")

Either way, if some of you would join me I'd like to attend this Tuesdays meeting in Placerville. Any takers?

Going to try to make the Placerville meeting if not I'll be at the Jackson one for sure.

shoot, Im going to try to make placervilles , this tuesday came up fast.

ill be riding up with josh.

Great meeting. The time to act is NOW if you want to see these trails open again.

Here is a link to the FS page with all the info.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/eldorado/news-events/?cid=stelprdb5362046

PLEASE call, write, e-mail, fax, or whatever you have to do to get you comments in.

They need to know what Alternative you like, and if there are parts of one and some of another explain them and they WILL take it all into consideration. They also really need to know what trails we would like to see open back up sooner than later.

Most routes will need mitigation under the preferred Alt. They can't do all the work at once and they would like to know where we would like them to focus their energy.

The Comment Period ends April 8, 2013 but please don't wait!

By Mail or Hand Delivery during normal business hours to:
Eldorado National Forest
Kathryn D. Hardy, Forest Supervisor
"Eldorado National Forest Travel Management Supplemental DEIS"
100 Forni Road,
Placerville, CA 95667
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays.
By Fax:
(530) 621-5297 at above office hours.
By Email:
[email protected]
Acceptable formats for electronic comments are plain text (.txt), rich text (.rtf), or Word (.doc).
Oral:
Oral comments must be provided at the Responsible Official’s office during normal business hours via telephone (530) 622-5061 or in person, or at an official agency function (public meeting) that is designed to elicit public comments. To assure eligibility to object if the administrative review process is used, comments should be written rather than oral.

RENO members, we need to show up in force at the Markleeville meeting. I will be taking off early from work to make it down to this meeting. I will have open seats if anyone wants a ride, just pm me to coordinate

Where:

RENO members, we need to show up in force at the Markleeville meeting. I will be taking off early from work to make it down to this meeting. I will have open seats if anyone wants a ride, just pm me to coordinate

Where:

I might be able to make it. Reserve me a seat!

Back