• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9-23, Cascade/Saxon

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
In case you missed the colors this year..

Finally got more pictures loaded.

Saxon_9-23-12017a.jpg

Saxon_9-23-12013a.jpg

Saxon_9-23-12048a.jpg

Saxon_9-23-12029a.jpg

Saxon_9-23-12018a.jpg

Beautiful, that is a really fun area to explore close to Denver. Not too difficult either, good for shakedown runs. Obviously you saw I was there a couple days after, I must ask, did you go over to Saxon mtn rd and see where the slide was? At first when I saw your reply on my report I was thinking, "It doesnt look bad from either side, you would have to see it in person", but it looks like you may have seen it. Going over it in the downhill direction looks a little trickier though, and the cloud cover on the day I was there reduced the exposure tremendously. If I could have seen all the way down into the valley I may have retreated with my tail between my legs.

That's the thread I was referring to, and yes, there were no trees poking up through the clouds. How do you go about getting involved with adopt a trail programs, I would love to help do some maintenance. I have been following the Stay-the-trail program but haven't been able to get out with those guys, work always gets in the way.

How do you go about getting involved with adopt a trail programs, I would love to help do some maintenance.
The group I go with already had the adoption, just one of the things I liked about that group.

I've been told there are waiting lists of clubs that want to adopt through the Forrest Service. I've tried to contact volunteer coordinators in other Ranger Districts, but, life seems to happen for me as well.

Back