• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Washington County, OR concealed carry holders

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
FYI, got this from an email list. In addition to filling out the form in the link, I urge you to write a 'thank you' letter to the Sheriff. I've never met or heard of the guy, nor do I live there, but I appreciate his stance in protecting your rights and privacy. (Before anyone points out the date, I believe this is going out in a printed letter)

http://www.co.washington.or.us/sheriff/service/ccw_not.htm

Notice to All Concealed Handgun License Holders

November 14, 2008

Dear Concealed Handgun License Holder,

There is currently a statewide issue regarding the disclosure of the names, addresses and other identifying information of people who have concealed handgun licenses that affects you. Essentially, the media and other groups are asking for lists of information about all the people who hold concealed handgun licenses.

As your sheriff, I refused to disclose that information because I believe many people obtain a concealed handgun license for personal security and would not want that information made public. I also resist disclosing personal information because of the continuing identity theft risks.

Despite my belief (shared by sheriffs across Oregon), an Oregon court recently decided that there is no evidence that people obtain concealed handgun licenses for security measures. The court ordered the Jackson County Sheriff to disclose a list of all the concealed handgun license holders in his county to the local newspaper. The case is now before the Oregon Court of Appeals.

While I believe you obtained your concealed handgun license as a security measure and that you do not want that information disclosed with your name, address and other personal information, I need to hear from you on this issue to help me defend your privacy in this matter.

Please answer the two questions at the bottom of this letter as soon as possible. If you want your name and other information to remain confidential, simply answer YES to both questions. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Rob Gordon
Washington County Sheriff

Same issue in Ohio 2 years ago. Went to the attorney general and the media lost. Our lobbyist group (ohioccw.org) is awesome.

The more people in Oregon write or call their elected representatives about this, the more they'll listen. Ohioccw.org got the ohio congress to override a governor's veto just by beating up the phones :clap:

Remember that turd reporter who published his local list a couple years back? I remember some guys obtained his personal info and published it on the web. He didn't like that too much. Strange, isn't it? :roflmao:

Remember that turd reporter who published his local list a couple years back? I remember some guys obtained his personal info and published it on the web. He didn't like that too much. Strange, isn't it? :roflmao:

Yeah, I remember reading that story.

Ohio's law is one of the strongest in the country because there's people willing to fight for it.

You should have seen the mayors of Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinatti throw a fit when the newest amendment nullified all their little "gun registration" laws and made all laws regarding handguns specifically the state legislature's responsiblity.

Expect more of this crap in the future.

More of what crap?

States have been fighting the liberal media's attempt to retrieve personal information about ccw holders for the better part of 5 years now. This isn't new news, just new in a different state.

Your implication is that it has something to do with the election, which I really don't think it does.

More of what crap?

States have been fighting the liberal media's attempt to retrieve personal information about ccw holders for the better part of 5 years now. This isn't new news, just new in a different state.

Your implication is that it has something to do with the election, which I really don't think it does.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6257

(And yes, those are Republicans supporting it. Party means nothing anymore. Say goodbye to your freedoms)

Sponsor: Rep. Mark Kirk [R-IL]hide cosponsors
Cosponsors [as of 2008-09-27]
Rep. Michael Castle [R-DE]
Rep. Michael Ferguson [R-NJ]
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen [R-FL]
Rep. Christopher Shays [R-CT]

Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 - Amends the federal criminal code to reinstate, for 10 years, the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act's assault weapons ban to prohibit the manufacture, transfer, or possession of a semiautomatic assault weapon or a large capacity ammunition feeding device. Specifies models and features of banned weapons.
Sets forth exceptions to such ban, including: (1) firearms or devices lawfully possessed under federal law on the date of enactment of this Act; (2) certain firearms, replicas, or duplicates listed in an appendix as they were manufactured on October 1, 1993; (3) any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action and that has been rendered permanently inoperable or that is an antique firearm; (4) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition; (5) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds in a fixed or detachable magazine; and (6) firearms manufactured for, transferred to, or possessed by a federal, state, or local government agency or for law enforcement.
Requires the serial number of any weapon or device manufactured after enactment of this Act to clearly show the date of manufacture.
Directs the Attorney General to study and report to Congress on the effects of this Act on violent and drug trafficking crime.

More of what crap?

I understand that.

This issue in Oregon has nothing to due with the recent election. it's an ongoing issue that's been around for a while, as you stated. However, I do believe more "crap"(anti-gun legislation) will be coming from the federal level with the change in political leadership. I was just making a blanket statement.

That's the same bill that the crazy lady representative introduced last year.

It won't go anywhere, just like last year.

You honestly believe that? With a president elect that said that it was a scandal that bush let the first assault weapons ban expire? With a democratic majority and asshat republicans supporting the bill, I'll bet they manage to tack on a few billion dollars worth of spending pork and pass it sometime next year.

That's the same bill that the crazy lady representative introduced last year.

It won't go anywhere, just like last year.

They're going to make us all criminals...watch. Starting to talk about requiring service for schoolkids and setting up civilian security corps. Just wait, your block captain will be scoring points for reporting you as a gun owner. ;)

They're going to make us all criminals...watch. Starting to talk about requiring service for schoolkids and setting up civilian security corps. Just wait, your block captain will be scoring points for reporting you as a gun owner. ;)

He can have my guns . . .

After the magazines are empty :D

He can have my guns . . .

After the magazines are empty :D

I'm selling all mine, except my legitimate hunting shotgun. No sense putting my family through the heartache of litigation and detainment for breaking the law. Well, I'll sell them if I can recover them from the bottom of that lake. You see, officer, there was a horrible boating accident... :D

This is not acceptable. Its passing things like this that leads to a bigger issue.

I got into this Politically frustrating discussion over whos in office last week. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion. In due time we will see. I guess its all on the dems now. No one to blame but themselves hope it holds them more accountable on thier choices for "change"

haha only a legitimate hunting shotgun? ... save your family grief for breaking the law for what reason .... screw that. i know you dont have this mindset so many do and its sad. You sound like a responsible adult and can safely handle firearms so why would they hassle a guy and ban guns -or get dirt on someone who might carry a firearm on them? If they took away your forests. would you just sell your Jeep? Answer: its not democrat or "ass hat" republicans..Liberalism is a disease and they hate your stinkin guts. Tearing up the forests and working hard for your toys. they dont want you to pay your way and do what you want. they think everyone should be "entitled" to welfare and everything govt. owned.

it shouldn't be illegal and having a concealed is every Americans right and should be private and respected.. sheriff rob gordons a good guy. and I have Tim Mueller now that will fight for the cause. not just say welp. I just guess were screwed... oh well. :gonnablow This lets me know there are still some people out there with core values and a conservative mindset... I'm 23 and I've figured this out why haven't others?:banghead:

Oh and Thanks for the info! I just e-mailed my parents the link

Last edited:
Amen blibra.

Knowing many law enforcement officers, I will only quote what one said to me one day. "If everyone had a concealed permit, it would make my job 10 times easier". That comes from an Oregon State Trooper friend of mine. As he also said, -not just anyone can apply and get a concealed carry permit, -only people who are "stand-up" citizens get them.

You see, he and his co-workers are exposed to the truth, -that is, 99.9% of all felonies committed with guns are by non law-abiding citizens who did not acquire the gun legally anyway. The sad thing is, the same people (bleeding heart liberals) that want to take yours and my right to legally own and carry, are also the same ones behind the ACLU and think that many of these drug-dealing murderers should be given as many chances as possible (while disarming the law-abiding citizens).

The gun-control people do not care about facts, or statistics, -only their primary motive to eliminate guns.

Things could get interesting with our newly elected president. To be real honest, I am very very concerned (especially considering the libtards also have the house and senate).

At the very least, I see heavy taxation on ammo and reloading supplies. The so-called "assault weapons" ban will likely be re-enacted, -as well as bans on hi-cap mags.

Now is a very good time to support the organizations that support and fight for our second amendment rights.

Back