• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trade my machining work for your fab work?

Vanimal

NAXJA Forum User
i need some brackets made and welded on my heep for the long length front radius arms, as well as brackets made and welded on for my rear upper and lower control arms (going with coils). 6 brackets total. the axles and control arms and radius arms are on another jeep at the moment so i/we can take measurements if need be. i'm transfering everything to my heep.
i could do this myself but i'm sure someone with some more experience and a nicer welder could do it better. in trade, i have a full machine shop with manual mills and lathes, and a cnc mill and lathe as well. figure trade labor for labor. i'm a life-long machinist so i know what i'm doing so i ask that you do as well.
if this is against the rules, i am sorry in advance and you can delete it. i didnt think it qualified as a vendor thing since i have no interest in really doing business or making jeep parts so it's more of a personal trade.

Vanimal can you do throttle body's? I want to bore mine out to 60mm. I know this is a little off topic but I'd rather pass the buck here to someone on the forum.

i appreciate the consideration, but i have my own product that i manufacture so it's a bit of a pain to break the setups down and set them back up again for smaller jobs so i usually stay away from contract work. only reason i'm considering this is because the machines would be down for more amount of time if i did the brackets myself.

If you where not so far I would be interested...
i can always drop the heep off and bring whatever you need made when i pick it up. it's completely drivable. it should be afterwards as well, assuming i'm not missing something.

Back