• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 97+ donor vehicle

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
My cousin wrecked his 2000 XJ last week that he only had for a month. The air bags went off and the front clip is toast but it look like the frame is good so we are thinking of just getting a donor vehicle with a clean front clip and good air bags. Either we will take the clip and airbags and fix the jeep he already has or if the donor vehicle is in good shape and just has a blown motor or transmission then we will swap the engine and transmission over from the jeep he already has. He lives on the northside of the Atlanta area. They can't spend a whole lot on the donor since they just bought the first one which is why we are hoping to find one that with a blown engine or transmission that someone just needs to get rid of for cheap. I am the family mechanic which is why I am searching this out for him so just message me here if you have a donor jeep to sell or know of one.

how much they looking to spend? i might know where one is at.. a 99 i believe..
body in excellent shape with blown motor.. question is, how much they want for it and how to deliver it?

he has $600 saved up that he was going to use towards getting a 4x4 xj and then he was going to pass the 2wd on to his little sister once she turned 16 but now he has to use it to fix the 2wd now. I believe his parents are going to help him some but I think their price limit is $900-$1000 right now depending on how much his parents can help him since money is tight for them right now. As long as the front clip is good and the air bags are good the condition of the rest of the jeep is not all that important since we can use it as just the donor to the 2wd but if its in good shape we may use the engine from the 2wd he already has.

Is that 99 a 2wd or 4x4?

As far as delivering if it isn't too far away I can get a truck and a trailer to pick it up.

i asked..he said he was keeping it. Sorry man

ive got a front header panel and fenders from a 97+ if need be... about an hour south of Atl... the fenders are trimmed for bushwackers but not drilled if that matters... think the stock flares can still be used even...

Back