• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rides of March 2019

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The Red River Chapter invites you to join us for our annual Rides of March trip at Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area in Gilmer, TX

March 22nd-24th
6284 N. SH 155
Gilmer, TX 75645

More information on the park can be found here: https://www.barnwellmountainra.com/

Primitive camping, RV sites, and bunkhouses are available at Barnwell.

I've never been myself- will be a first timer- but hopefully some of our other members can chime in with park info.

I plan to tent camp and will be up there mid day on Friday.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the trails!

I plan on being there mid day on Friday as well. Leaving Sunday sometime.

I may be able to go Saturday for the day buy will have to leave same day.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OK got it on my calendar ... do we want to try and get Xterra Camp or are you all going for the cabins?

Xterra camp sounds good to me!

OK got it on my calendar ... do we want to try and get Xterra Camp or are you all going for the cabins?

Do we need to call and reserve that site?

No, at least not in the past, it's pretty much first come. I assume the calendar for Barnwell has been checked and no events that weekend? If some of us arrive Friday we should be fine!

No, at least not in the past, it's pretty much first come. I assume the calendar for Barnwell has been checked and no events that weekend? If some of us arrive Friday we should be fine!

I checked. No events that weekend- other than us.

Primitive campsites do not need to be reserved. First come, first serve. Although I'm not sure Xterra site is still a thing. Didnt see it or any signage today.

Bunch of new pavilions all over the park. Went today, had a blast. Will do my best to show.

Rock on RRC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just a few more weeks!

Who's excited!

A buddy of mine is flying down from Oklahoma City to join us as he needs a wheeling weekend. He's a Toyota guy but don't hold it against him as he's done a lot of welding on my rig.

Got my trailer rented, leaf springs in. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

OK trying to make my plans. Who if anybody is arriving Friday? I'm no longer a TMTC member so need to pay full price. I "think" we pay for Sunday even if we don't ride. I assume we are primitive camping at Xterra Camp? The last time at ROM there I got a cabin and was glad I did as it rained and tons of mud. Don't forget we need the latest Texas OHV sticker too. It can be ordered beforehand or bought there. https://www.barnwellmountainra.com/policies_fees

I'm excited! Hopefully get to tow my Jeep out there. I'll be out there on Friday. Im good with Xterra Camp. Hopefully the weather will be clear, but we know how that goes....

OK trying to make my plans. Who if anybody is arriving Friday? I'm no longer a TMTC member so need to pay full price. I "think" we pay for Sunday even if we don't ride. I assume we are primitive camping at Xterra Camp? The last time at ROM there I got a cabin and was glad I did as it rained and tons of mud. Don't forget we need the latest Texas OHV sticker too. It can be ordered beforehand or bought there. https://www.barnwellmountainra.com/policies_fees

I'll be there mid-day Friday. Dropping off the pup at 7am, then picking up the trailer. Hoping to make it by 2pm or so.

Any ideas on dinner for the 23rd?

I was planning on hot dogs and burgers... and tequila.

Last edited:
I'm now working on the 23rd :( But hopefully I can make it out Friday for part of the day or Sun morning.

Ed, I've got a portable propane grill I'm planning to bring.

Awesome! Want me to bring propane?

Was gonna bring that as well; I think I've got at least half a tank.

Its a Coleman Road Trip Grill with the adapter for the big propane tank.

Back