• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ODB II scanner in OC

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
HI all,

I need to borrow an ODBII scanner which can check the monitor status (self diagnostic tests) for a 96 Accord. This vehicle failed smog because the flags for self-tests were not ready. My scanner only reads error codes and not the self test status. Anyone in OC have one I can borrow for a while? I can give you my scanner as collateral.

Thanks

773.three five four.6715

Hey Josh,

The one I have takes snap shots. It records speed, rpms, and I think other stuff like O2, MAF, and engine temps.

Let me know..

E

can it check the EGR, purge, fuel trim, catalyst monitoring and self check status? I'll be in your area around Jul 24/25th unless I can get away and run up there sooner. I'll keep you posted

Mine may do it josh. It interfaces with the laptop via obdII/usb cable and has a fairly featured app. If you wanna roll up to Fullerton this weekend we can look at it.

can it check the EGR, purge, fuel trim, catalyst monitoring and self check status? I'll be in your area around Jul 24/25th unless I can get away and run up there sooner. I'll keep you posted

You're probably better off borrowing it from Cal.. Mine does freeze frame stuff, but I don't know how much. You'll probably have a new Jeep by the time I actually read the manual.. ;)

E

thanks y'all. Im looking to borrow it for a undetermined length of time (ie, until the self tests are complete) so I dont waste money getting it smogged only to fail.

E, Kyung will be coming down next weekend. Could he swing by to grab it?

Sherley.... I'll send the manual along with it..

Tell him that when he stops by, he can show me how to weld too...... :shhh:

;)

E

Back