• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Possible Complete XJ D44 for sale

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I am finally getting back to Colorado. I am replacing my XJ Dana 44 w 4.56's and Detroit full case locker with a wider version to match my full width's.

It still has the big drum brakes and is set at an angle for roughly a 6" lift. It also has raised shock mounts to prevent hanging up on rocks.

Everything works. The springs in the Detroit are getting bit old and weak, causing the locker to engage a bit easier than normal. I never notice it on the highway, no bangs. If you take off and accelerate while turning sharply, it engages and will chirp the tires, but in normal driving, you never realize you have a locker. I called the manufacturer a year ago and they said that I would need to pull the carrier and get the number and then they could sell me the replacement springs. It has never been bad enough for me to take the time to pull it. The axle shafts are stock with new bearings and I have at least a pair for spares, but I have never need one.

It is currently with me in Utah and I will be driving it back pulling a trailer in a week so it is a good working axle.

It will be a few weeks before I am ready to swap. I am asking $800, but I am open to negotiation. Let me know if you are interested. I might be interested in a partial trade for a couple of 31x10.50/15 AT's to use on a trailer, or if you happen to have a new set of 4.56 gears you were planning on installing.

Last edited:
I am trying to get everything together to build my replacement rear axle. Hope to have the stuff within a week or so.

If you have any questions call me at 970-391-8927

Back