• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torn inner shift boot

XJ AV8R

NAXJA Forum User
I have been beating my head against the wall for the last few hours trying to find this part online, on the phone, at the junkyard, etc. Among other things, my inner shift boot is torn and I want to replace it. I am talking about the boot that is right under the 'main' boot that is visible from inside the Jeep, and above the boot that covers the shifter tower. The dealer is backordered with no estimate when it will be available. Does anyone have a good source for obtaining this part?? I am out of websites to check and companies to call! Thanks!

might have to go for a junkyard

I've only been to two so far, but haven't found anything but torn boots that are in worse shape than mine is.:(

Anybody? My eyes are bleeding from searching the internet.:rattle:

It's looking like that is the option...time to do some searching of a different sort.

mine is torn too but i fixed it wit a little super glue and time but be careful with the small parts your fingers will thank you

The tranny tunnel boot is almost identical if taken from a TJ. All but one hole lines up on the tunnel. I have this in my '88. No troubles to install, if you know how to drill one hole. :gee:

My YJ had a tiny tear in the boot and the tranny kept sucking up muddy water through the tower. I gave up trying to find one and simply packed the tower with bearing grease. Didn't get any water in there after that.

Back