• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RocktoberFest '19 - Oct. 25-27

I might be in for the 26th. Day tripping. Wheeling the hard stuff.

So does this mean I can buy the hoodie without going? Because, shut up and take my money.

Looks like I'm unfortunately out for this. Jeeps in no shape to drive on the road right now and most likely gonna be going to 7 days a week at work soon. I still will buy a sweatshirt!

You'll be missed, Paul. Hopefully you can put in for NACFest early enough to make that.

Looks like I'm unfortunately out for this. Jeeps in no shape to drive on the road right now and most likely gonna be going to 7 days a week at work soon. I still will buy a sweatshirt!

Well that is bad news, for sure, but I for one understand the work situation, it's been 6 days for me for a while, and more and worse is yet to come. You will be missed, but you have to do what's best for you with an eye to the future. The sacrifice now can mean a better outcome ahead, Paul. In the end we all have to do what's best for us, it's a tough call believe me I know.
Rich

Well that is bad news, for sure, but I for one understand the work situation, it's been 6 days for me for a while, and more and worse is yet to come. You will be missed, but you have to do what's best for you with an eye to the future. The sacrifice now can mean a better outcome ahead, Paul. In the end we all have to do what's best for us, it's a tough call believe me I know.
Rich

Yup hopefully this means a tow rig is in my future! Been looking at Tundras lately to lease since I have my car for my commute.

This is why I make sure to schedule my vacation time at work a good 2-3 months ahead (and get any remaining booking done as well) - to head off last-minute "can you change your plans" requests, and to force management to plan around it. It's worked for me so far...

Hopefully both tow rig and trailer, unless you plan to flat-tow?

Ok, just rechecked the thread and don't think I saw a "time to meet at the park" mentioned...

AOAA website says they're open 9am-6pm both days, so I'm guessing being in the AOAA parking lot by 8:30am should work?

Ok, just rechecked the thread and don't think I saw a "time to meet at the park" mentioned...

AOAA website says they're open 9am-6pm both days, so I'm guessing being in the AOAA parking lot by 8:30am should work?

Good point Rob, and to that, I dont see any reason to change that suggestion. Earlier the better, but 830 is a good time to shoot for. I've never been there, so I can't say how much time gets eaten up doing paper work.
That said, this is, again, not an "official" naxja event, so things run a bit looser. We will have time in the evenings to get together around a campfire at someone's place (I have plenty of firewood just need a ring to plop it in), and discuss the next days plans.
Dinnertime on Saturday is already set, same pavilion as nacfest, and we can get a fire going there as well. All that are coming, come hungry , for the most part this is a home cooked dinner being put on (many kudos to Carol for the legwork there!).
Shirts and dash plaques (a first for this, I think) are in hand, and those hoodies look great, I just picked them up last night.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Rich

Thanks for the info, Rich. That gives me something to plan around with my uncle who's joining me (he came along for a day back the last couple times RocktoberFest was down here, and is looking forward to riding along again this time). Given the distance from TwinGrove, I'll probably not be staying aired down/disconnected for running to/from camp, so 8:30 gives me time for that before the office opens.

I recall the paperwork being on-par with Rausch (basically just a waiver, no "membership", and it's electronic via iPad instead of on paper), and buying the day's pass, so not too bad. I would expect Friday to be relatively quiet being a non-summer weekday, but that's just a guess. Eric (EHall) is up there a lot, I'm sure he'll weigh in shortly on the matter.

Shirts and plaques, eh? I'll be looking for those then (and if you have any leftover plaques from NACFest this year, I'd like to get my hands on one of them too)...

If Paul's job is anything like mine they don't even want to know more than a week before. There is no scheduling time off. If they need you to be in and you say you can't they will probably just lay you off.

Back