• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seth Stanton Memorial Run

Frank,

You did a hell of a job. I've been a part of NAXJA for a long time, and I've never been as proud of the group as now.

Thanks for you, Led, Troy, and everyone involved for enabling us to do a good thing.

Fred

Fred said:
Frank,

You did a hell of a job. I've been a part of NAXJA for a long time, and I've never been as proud of the group as now.

Thanks for you, Led, Troy, and everyone involved for enabling us to do a good thing.

Fred
X2. It really showed on Anna's face and the rest of the family what a great job you guys did. Everbody smiled and had a good time and I think thats what Seth would have wanted. He was not with us but you can bet he was smiling too!

Thanks for the follow up Frank. I wanted to go so bad I could taste it. I still have the black ribbon tied to that little flag from the funeral. Time to take it off I reckon...

Good show everyone!

Well that's a bummer the vid isn't working. Did anyone see it on the news when it aired?

The run went very well and the Stantons definitely made us all feel great about helping them make Seth's request a reality. Got a little somber at the end of the trail when we had the memorial..... I had a hard time keeping my composure, but in all, it was a great day with great people. Getting the salutes from that group of bikers as we drove past in Woodland Park was pretty cool too.

Special thanks to Daniel Zimkas for playing Taps during the moment of silence - you did great Daniel!

It also was really great to see Anna, Nate and Dillon genuinely enjoying themselves as they ran the trail in the XJ. Nate really did a great job - like he'd been 'wheeling a few times before. Anna had a perma-smile from driving thru the puddles and mud holes! :thumbup:

Thanks again to the 'Springs group for busting their butts working on Seth's rig - you guys got a huge amount of work done, but having the rig running for the trail run wouldn't have been possible at all without your efforts!

YELLAHEEP said:
Well that's a bummer the vid isn't working. Did anyone see it on the news when it aired?

The run went very well and the Stantons definitely made us all feel great about helping them make Seth's request a reality. Got a little somber at the end of the trail when we had the memorial..... I had a hard time keeping my composure, but in all, it was a great day with great people. Getting the salutes from that group of bikers as we drove past in Woodland Park was pretty cool too.

Special thanks to Daniel Zimkas for playing Taps during the moment of silence - you did great Daniel!

It also was really great to see Anna, Nate and Dillon genuinely enjoying themselves as they ran the trail in the XJ. Nate really did a great job - like he'd been 'wheeling a few times before. Anna had a perma-smile from driving thru the puddles and mud holes! :thumbup:

Thanks again to the 'Springs group for busting their butts working on Seth's rig - you guys got a huge amount of work done, but having the rig running for the trail run wouldn't have been possible at all without your efforts!

I'm proud to be associated with you guys - yesterday, while neither the most challenging nor rowdy of any trail runs, will undoubtedly stay with me as one of the more memorable. As for the no-carnage comment, I managed to shed all the hardware and bushing from my passenger side shock on my way out on the 204 road (probably should have stopped running obstacles since I was then wheeling alone)... wouldn't have been a big deal if the drivers' side shock mount wasn't already gone! So I pogo sticked down to Aspen park and peiced it back together with some parts from ACE... interesting end to a terrific day and experience.

Very nice piece done by Mark. Short but to the point. I'm glad some of what I was asked wasn't used. I was wrong on a couple of things..... Frank, Led, Jeff, Fred and others used a bunch of their own funds for the parts, some were donated but not all like I'd assumed. I'd plugged Avenger and Napa as sponsors..... Napa wasn't among them..... oops.

Interesting that none of Val's interview was used.... and no mention of COHVCO other than the plans for the plaque at Indy, but no credit given specifically.

If anyone knows how to copy that video please do - I'd like to save it for a while.

Very cool, thanks Frank!

I'm also kinda bummed they didn't mention that we were doing the clean up of the trail as well - woulda been nice to have them around to video the trailer we filled with trash and picking up around the trail.

Well done guys and gals. I just got home from a LONG weekend with family and came right here looking for pics from the run. Again wish I could have been there myself to see the Stanton family wheel that rig and smile. Thanks for sharing.

What a great day. :sunshine:

YELLAHEEP said:
Very nice piece done by Mark. Short but to the point. I'm glad some of what I was asked wasn't used. I was wrong on a couple of things..... Frank, Led, Jeff, Fred and others used a bunch of their own funds for the parts, some were donated but not all like I'd assumed. I'd plugged Avenger and Napa as sponsors..... Napa wasn't among them..... oops.

Interesting that none of Val's interview was used.... and no mention of COHVCO other than the plans for the plaque at Indy, but no credit given specifically.

I was wondering where they came up with that figure of $4000.00 :dunno: .

Val's interview was on the early broadcast- saw it when I got home.

I didn't take very many pics this trip but here's a few:

At the trailhead- we had 21 rigs attend (22 if you count the news crew)
P8170006.jpg

The Stanton family
P8170005.jpg

I took most of the pics at the mudpit:

Chris (XJ Grin)
P8170011.jpg

Mark (caged94XJ)
P8170014.jpg

Troy in the YELLAHEEP
P8170018.jpg

This is a big part of what this run was all about- the Stantons having fun.
P8170026.jpg

Ken (Rockken) with Fred riding shotgun
P8170028.jpg

Mike (Stumpalump)
P8170024.jpg

Last edited:
looks like it was an awesome turnout guys. I'm sure Seth was definitely smiling down on yall and his family at seeing the changes in his jeep and everyone there.

The video clip was definitely well done.

Back