• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

10th Annual Thanksgiving Run

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
It's that time of year again! The NWC's 10th annual Thanksgiving Run is fast approaching. While some people associate Thanksgiving with spending time with family, and eating tasty dinners. Some of us here in the NWC associate it with camping out for a weekend of wheeling and good times!

What: The NWC's 10th annual Thanksgiving Run, a weekend of camping, wheeling, and good times!

Where: Tillamook State Forest, Oregon

When: November 26-29, 2015

Who: Everyone is invited, we just ask that you act responsibly and come prepared for the weather and trails.

Camping: Due to new camping restrictions this year, we've been forced to move our base camp for this event. This year we will be located in a large dispersed site not far from, Lyda camp. We feel this location will suit our needs just fine. There should be plenty of room for tents, and a few RV / Trailers if you're camping. Plus, no camp fees!

Directions: From Lyda Camp, continue through the staging area, and stay left on South Fork Road at the Y (like you're heading for #20 Hood Raiser). Continue for approximately one mile, and camp will be off to the left, after a right hand corner, off a small spur road into the trees. It's pretty obvious, and I'm sure we'll have the turn into camp marked with a sign. Below you can find some GPS links from Ryan and Nick.

IPhone Map Link

Staging / Trail Runs: If you plan on just coming out for the day, shoot to be at camp around 0900ish. Chances are we'll probably still be staring at the fire, but lets shoot to be ready to roll out at 1000. If you are trailering your rig up for the day you might consider off loading at Lyda where there's more room, and then driving to camp to rendezvous with the group. We usually wing it for what trails we want to run depending on the group size and capability. Our location this year puts us pretty central, so anything at anytime is fair game (night run!).

CB channel 4 if you need to get a hold of the group.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

:cheers:

In, may be there late thurs or early fri

Seems like there's a lot of wrenching going on lately. What does everyone have left to get their junk on the trail for this run?

I'm wrapping up a little wiring project on the Nail Salon, and then it'll be ready to hit the trails. Can't wait!

Front to back, new battery, tires, oil change, driveshaft to front axle u-joint, clutch, prep new tranny for install, install it, find a shifter tower, then reinstall the transfer case and the exhaust.

Oh and renew the tags and get insurance on it. And open up the tent and see if it's clean.

very slight chance i may be able to make it.
will a 40' motorhome with a trailer make it in that far?

Seems like there's a lot of wrenching going on lately. What does everyone have left to get their junk on the trail for this run?

I'm wrapping up a little wiring project on the Nail Salon, and then it'll be ready to hit the trails. Can't wait!

I'm still waiting on my shocks, and I have a shit ton of welding to do. Will be nothing short of a miracle if my white jeep makes it, but im trying. If worst comes to worst I'll bring my brothers pos for the weekend....

I have to adjust atlas linkage and install the front driveline

Also just started the install of my rear 1/4 panel guards..

Besides that, she moves under her own power now! 400 gallons of ATF +4 later

Back