• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Christmans Tree / Toys For Tots Run: 12/10

crazymoose1990

NAXJA Forum User
Yes its that time of year, time to drink eggnog, eat pumpkin pie, and turkey.

Its also time for our first official Toys for Tots run, this run will coincide with our Christmas Tree run. So bring your merry self along for a great day of wheeling, tree shopping, and bring your toys. I know the Sierra Chapter does this same thing every year; what we need are new unopened toys. It would be nice if everyone can bring two. I will look for older post we had some other groups showing interest so I will get on that also. :conceited

Thanks for all you help and support Jason M

Details-

595 NW Industrial Way
Estacada, OR 97023

Time: Lets all try to be at the Ranger Station by 9:00am, and lining up to leave around 9:30.

Toy Donations: If you're planning on bringing a donation of toys, we ask that they are unwrapped. You can drop off your donation with Jason (crazymoose) in the morning.

If you would like to donate toys, but are unable to make the run try and get in touch with someone attending to bring your toys.

Trees: If you're looking to cut a tree, you will need a Tree Permit which are available at the Ranger Station. I believe the cost is $5 per tree.

Vehicle Requirements:
This is an easy run. We typically stick to the forest service roads, and go have some fun in the snow. I think all we ask is you come prepared for the conditions. Four wheel drive, and common sense is usually enough.

Come on out, and show your support for a good cause!

IMG_0085.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey how much lift and what not would be required for this run? Lots of pass arounds if needed? Might have a rig by then and I'd like to come if possible. Hell maybe even ride along if needed

Re: First Offical Toys Run

Hey how much lift and what not would be required for this run? Lots of pass arounds if needed? Might have a rig by then and I'd like to come if possible. Hell maybe even ride along if needed

Its just snow covered service roads. A stock rig with 4WD should be fine. Traction tires or chains might not be a bad idea though, if there is snow by then. In the past its been a pretty slow pace, just for fun kind of run. nothin hard core.

Well go ahead and count me in for this. I'm sure I'll have a jeep for this and maybe some 33's to go along with it. Might even have a few toys too

Re: First Offical Toys Run

Well go ahead and count me in for this. I'm sure I'll have a jeep for this and maybe some 33's to go along with it. Might even have a few toys too
its 200 miles from bellevue to estacada.. I'm gonna hold you to that!:eyes:

:laugh:

Holy XXXXing Christ haha. Hmmmm. Should still be doable. Just depends on the day. Should be working by then so I'll need to make sure I have the day off. But I enjoy helping a good cause and seeing the outdoor goodness. Damn that drive tho haha.

Maybe we can do some geocaching too, might be interesting in the snow

I'm hoping i have the fuel money for this

if I do I'll be there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

We have a confirmation on how many will be attending this yet?

Sent from your subconscious without you knowing.....

We have a confirmation on how many will be attending this yet?

Sent from your subconscious without you knowing.....

Heh, you've definitely never been on a trip with the NWC, we don't know who all will be on a trip until we hit the road from the meetup point

Its right around the corner. I am getting my toys this weekend and also looking for my hand saw, for my tree. :)

Back