• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radio antenna

imwally

NAXJA Forum User
Okay we have all these post about replacing the radio but how about the antenna. I am going to replace the radio antenna on my daughters 92xj. Can anyone tell me if there is a easy way of doing this? It looks like I can do it from the inside the jeep?

norcalchris said:
remove the inner fender lining. then look back up in there and its right on the fender

X2, and there is a rubber plug with the antenna wire(co-ax) going through it into the kick panel. The antenna wire/co-ax is a special made unit although you may be able to modify a rubber grommet to work with any antenna co-ax. If you found a aftermarket antenna that works good and looks right on the XJ let me know, I need a new one on my 90'.

xjtrailrider said:
X2, and there is a rubber plug with the antenna wire(co-ax) going through it into the kick panel. The antenna wire/co-ax is a special made unit although you may be able to modify a rubber grommet to work with any antenna co-ax. If you found a aftermarket antenna that works good and looks right on the XJ let me know, I need a new one on my 90'.

I bought one from crutchfield with the radio and speakers. Should be here Friday. In the pic it looked the same and when I called them they said it is the one that fits it. http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=232750&i=12044CR72&search=car+antenna&tp=3449&tab=detailed_info

Last edited:
Unless you're replacing the wiring from the antenna to the radio, all you should have to do is unscrew the antenna and screw another one on.

Back