• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this Geostash?

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you who are new or have not been to the IC's Geostash event in the last few years let me give you a run down of how it works.

Description
Throughout the Northwest slope of the Uintah Mountains, 20 caches will be placed in remote locations. Each participant will have 3 days to locate the caches of their choice. The goal of the event is to use your GPS, mapping skills and common sense to locate 5 hidden caches while enjoying and exploring the area. Each cache will contain small round circles with the cache number on one side and the letters A-Z on the other.

You will be required to pick out five circles from five different caches. Each letter will represent a differnt five number value. This could range from 10000 to 99999. You will not know the value of the letter.

Once you have your five circles you can bring them back where we will add the value of the letters and give you the total. Whoever gets the biggest number will win the biggest prize and so on.

Costs.

You can buy as many "hands" or groups of five circles as you want.
The costs for each hand will be...

$20.00 per hand for Members of NAXJA.
$25.00 per hand for Non-Members.

breakfast

$7.00 per person for Members
$10.00 per person for Non-Members.

kids under 10 eat free.

T-shirts are a possibility. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
I've got a few friends that would like to come but they drive cheer leader mobiles and aren't even a forum user of NAXJA. Would they be able to participate? Would they fall under the "Non-members" category?

I've got a few friends that would like to come but they drive cheer leader mobiles and aren't even a forum user of NAXJA. Would they be able to participate? Would they fall under the "Non-members" category?

Yes! anyone is welcome.

They still will be required to sign a waiver but members have to do the same thing.

Back