• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Transformer 39637 brush guard for XJ

Red Mistress

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Looking for reviews pictures of the Warn 39637 with winch installed.

Yes, I know there are better options, but I'm wanting to keep factory look.

Jeep Special Equipment offered this and I understand the design was changed thru the years.

IMG_0181_zpsfb6upgup.jpg

This is the Warn Transformer.

Ramsey also made similar looking winch / grill guard mount.

That's exactly why nobody spoke of it! Do you realize the front clearance you would be losing?

I'm wanting to keep this one owner time machine outfitted & accessorized like the day it left the dealership.

Trying to determine exactly how rare they are, which style was offered during what years etc.

It's been hard even finding pictures.

I have a Scrambler with front & rear winches for my offroad toy.

IMG_0884_zps5kz7lo2h.jpg

I'm wanting to keep this one owner time machine outfitted & accessorized like the day it left the dealership.

Try searching for hidden winches is you want to maintain a Factory look.
15 years ago I wanted the same thing. I had heard of a optional Factory winch kit, using a 6000-lb Ramsey winch, that was nearly invisible but they were no longer available.
So I built this.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/sets/72157604557867782/

2660350872_d080cd1f85_w.jpg

In the fifteen years since, no one has spotted that a 8000-lb Warn winch is hidden behind the bumper, not even at XJ meets.
Many others have done similar or more involved projects.

Try searching for hidden winches is you want to maintain a Factory look.
15 years ago I wanted the same thing. I had heard of a optional Factory winch kit, using a 6000-lb Ramsey winch, that was nearly invisible but they were no longer available.
So I built this.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/sets/72157604557867782/

2660350872_d080cd1f85_w.jpg

In the fifteen years since, no one has spotted that a 8000-lb Warn winch is hidden behind the bumper, not even at XJ meets.
Many others have done similar or more involved projects.

I always loved that set-up, clean without a loss of clearance(plus brush guards are so tacky).

Looking for reviews pictures of the Warn 39637 with winch installed.

Yes, I know there are better options, but I'm wanting to keep factory look.

Jeep Special Equipment offered this and I understand the design was changed thru the years.
This isn't the bush guard version but I thought you might find this interesting. I'm sure others know more but I understand this was offered as an option and used with a Ramsey 6,000 lb. winch.

I can see why you want to keep the factory look for this XJ. I saw it when you posted it on the Comanche Club forum. You seem to have a knack for finding "good stuff"! :worship:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I know about the OEM XJ hidden winch, as been looking 6 months for my MJ.

Brackets be easy to reproduce, but due to design of kit, the winch is pulling from the mounting feet.

Ramsey made a special winch with beefed up mounting feet. (see pics below)

Kit also used a unique hawse fairlead that fit into bumper shape.

IMG_0840_zpswhfu6ks0.jpg

IMG_0839_zpsyjiw9es7.jpg

I have thought about Boostwerks or Baddadfab hidden winch but can't cut front cross member of a time capsule survivor.

I'd seen the angle iron mounting plate but wasn't aware of differences in the winch design. I agree, it would pretty straight forward to fabricate all of the pieces.

I'm not certain where I read that hidden winch kit used a special Ramsey winch with beefed up mounting feet... But it was on internet so must be true :)

After looking at pics of new Ramsey Patriot Profile Rep 6000# and comparing to which I pictured above, they look the same.

IMG_0286_zpsrbx1mhim.jpg

Back