• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash new XJ LeMons racer

I thought this was about lemons... not KOH...

:D

any plans for the motor?

Not for $500. hasta

News from the track: we failed tech today. There was a few issues that we resolved back at G&G. We got the car back to the track at 5:20p and it passed.

We're set to go at 10am tomorrow. I've got high hopes since this jeep runs better than mine. You can keep up realtime with an app called "race monitor" it's available for all major smart phones through their apps stores. it's not free... :/

good luck guys. had no clue you were racing buttonwillow this weekend, thought you were still building.

I hear the car did pretty good, although the fuel pump failed late in the day. They'll be back on the track at 8am tomorrow.

As usual, the last few things took longer than expected. We finished the car Thurs evening, loaded it up, and I headed with the car to the track. We had put all of 2 miles on the car since we got it (what is it with us finishing a car on Thurs and then going racing with no time on the car?). We got tagged with a few tech issues, which made me glad we teched first thing Fri morning. Took the car back to G&G and everybody jumped on it and I got back out to the track around 5:00. We passed tech.

Did anyone notice that it was hot this weekend? Sat started out well, the car felt good, except that it wouldn't go over 95 mph. It's a 5 spd, so we tried unplugging the speed sensor from the trans and it worked, though we lost the speedo. Our rookie drivers ended up getting us 4 black flags. There really is a lot going on out on the track and it takes tremendous concentration and experience is definitely a benefit. We had to stay off track for awhile due to the penalties. I got in the car to finish up the last two hours and the car started to sputter at higher rpm and under more throttle, gradually getting worse until it would only go to 2000 rpm. We tried some hose over the hard fuel line next to the engine and exhaust, which seemed to help but it wasn't fixed. We went to town and got a fuel pump and put it in Sat night.

Sunday the car ran great and we knocked 10 seconds off of our best lap times from Sat. The front shocks were totally blown, so we'll need to do something about that. We got 3 more black flags on Sun, so we'll need to learn to be more careful. We started Sun in 109th position overall and finished in 73rd, so it was a much better day than Sat. With a few more things done on the car, like a limited slip rear diff, we should be a class B contender.

There was a local LeMons race here in the area, At Summit Point in WVa.
What I found odd was that the Washington Post.....ran an article on the front page of the Sports section and 2 pages at the center fold !! See it here,,,,

www.washingtonpost.com/sports

listed under other. They do it different in WVa. Saw NO XJ,s....

I said wins to DNF's ;)
430 has raced 14 times and has taken the checkered flag every time. We've won a class and overall, as well as three regional trophies and 4 top ten finishes (out of 150+ car fields). Our average finishing position over the last 4 years of racing is in the 27th percentile (across all classes), and this includes two full 24 hour races.

This is almost unheard of in endurance racing of any kind.

I know this thread is old, but i just found it through a google search. what year bullitt wheels fit? I'm looking for any OEM takeoff wheels that would fit my '00 4wd sport. I want 17" or 18" and street tires.

Back