• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Epic Run Lottery

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you who are interested in being included in the Epic Run this year please read the following and submit your details.

Drivers Meeting: Thursday evening (not certain about time)
When: Friday, June 26th, 8:00AM departure

Here are a few of the details of the intent:
The "EPIC" run. This run is designed to be a mentally and pysically challenging run for the combined group. It will run the vast majority of the most difficult trails in the area in record time. What is most important about this run is that everyone has the understanding of the expectations of the group and can act in accordance with those expections, particularly with regard to trail etiquite, extraction techniques, trail communication, repair issues, etc. I think that 33" tires, 1 TAD would be required. But group trail experience is much more important. I hope this trail run will be a challenging understaking for everyone in the group and I hope that it provides a "base line" for all future NW Fest trail run's.

Requirements in order of importance:
1. Be ready to hit the trail at 8:00AM Friday morning.
2. Be able to attend the drivers meeting Thursday evening.
3. Reliable vehicle.
4. Wheeling experience.
5. Wheeling experience with your vehicle.
6. 33" tires minimum.
7. 1 TAD (locker, spool, limited slip, etc).

Send me a PM with the details of your Jeep so that Han's and I can consider you for this event. I don't expect a disertation but I do expect a list of your rigs specs and proof of it's and yours capabilities so that we can decide how many groups will go and how many in each group.

If you do not meet the minimum spec's above and would still like to try to attend, send me the same as above and include why you should be considered even though you don't meet the minimum spec's.

Michael

For those of you who have PM'ed me already and will be.
I will respond to the group as a whole once we have all of the details from everyone and have decided exactly how to make this happen best.

I would like to let everyone know early next week, the earlier I get info from everyone the easier it will be to accomplish this.

Michael

Interested, PM has been sent. :thumbup:

~Scott

Good thing Mike's my buddy!

Right, Mike?

Mike?

MIKE!!!!!!!

:D

5. Wheeling experience with your vehicle.
6. 33" tires minimum.

Muddy Beast said:
Interested, PM has been sent.

~Scott

102.gif

I dont think my rig could make it.

Have a good time, and take lots of pics!

:)

I know what I am getting myself into John. We will see how it goes, either way, I hope it to be a lot of fun.

Alex, After your "episode" last year I might accept your "bribe" to be on the list. It would have to cover me being :hang: by the rest of the group. :roll:

Doug, :wave1:

Scott knows where he sits at the moment, and I suspect his fingers are crossed.

Opie, You are probably right, your rig is built for short term abuse in rocks, not loooooong drawn out trecks through the dust ;)

Michael

Scott knows where he sits at the moment, and I suspect his fingers are crossed.

Indeed.
I trust others opinions, so long as they have faith in mine. I just want to have some fun like everyone else. :thumbup:

Michael and I have agreed, the only way to know is to show up and play it by ear.

~Scott

PM sent

Here is the official list of who is "IN" on the Epic Run (10 rig's total).

Michael (2xtreme): Trail leader
Hans (XJourney): Navigator and official GPS Guru
Ken (RlCHARD CRANlUM): El Presidente
Doug (Fubar XJ): Official trail mechanic
Matt (Matt West): Official "woody" contingent
Pat (Pat Hatten): Nome extrordinare and Official video recorder
? (Jeepboy 381): Official "name not known yet" participant :confused:
Dustin (TORX): Phot recorder and Offical "south end" contingent
Lyle (Bruno): Photo recorder and Official "red" contingent
Alex (Ba-Reido): Master Pull rope provider to trail leader, and Official super yanker expert :yelclap:

For those of you who applied and did not make it on this final list. I am sorry that there is only so much room for a trail ride like this (this will be a tough endurance event). I recomend you talk to others who are on this list if you would like to ride along. We would love to have you on the run with us, we just can't add more vehicles.

For those of you who are on this list:
1. Please make sure you are prepared for an entire day of wheeling, full of gas, plenty of food, water, spare parts, tools, etc.
2. We will work as a team to accomplish our planned trails in a timely manner. This will require everyone to be accomplished drivers, understanding their vehicles well, helping others when needed and paying attention to what is going on around us.
3. There will not be time to attempt obstacles multiple times. You will get several chances to tackle more difficult obstacles, but time will be of the ut most importance.
4. Trail coordination (CB communication, Providing space in front, keeping the person behind you in your rear view mirror, will be expected).
5. I look forward to spending time with all of you on the trail and hope that this event provides a good balance of difficulty and fun.

Michael

Thanks for organizing Michael, I am very much looking forward to this.

I believe that I have an open seat if anyone is interested. I won't know for certain for a couple of days as Christy is hemming and hawing. Shoot me a PM if you would like to ride shotgun.

"official trail mechanic" ?

John, shop labor-rate is what, $95/hour? I should make some nice coin on this ride. :)

Alex's flat-rate for you is $200 before I even touch your rig. ;)

Back