• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nice Comanche race truck build

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm starting a new thread for this one guys, so have at it. :D

TNT said:
I personally like this one.

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

GrimmJeeper said:
that thing is still for sale over on race-dezert isnt it?

[borat] isa verrr niiiiiice[/boat]

:D

This belongs in the OT or picture forum.

Unless the guy is going to come over here and talk about it.

Dirk Pitt said:
This belongs in the OT or picture forum.

Unless the guy is going to come over here and talk about it.

It doesn't have to be the owner/builder talking about it. We can have a tech discussion without the owner/builder.

So... anybody got any specs? How thick is most of that frame? What material are the control arms?

Billy

That is some SERIOUS axle droop!!

I love Comanches, and would love to have a bad ass rig like that. All I need is the money and time to build it and the money and time to use it. Oh well.

Come on Rich, you can skip sleep a night or two to take that thing out bombing down some serious whoops....

I have a ton of pictures of this MJ build. I can post more if you want.

chrisman full float rear end?

I dig the "canoe" style rear links. Here's tech (most of you already know): most guys built those because it allows you to mount the shock on the lower control arms below link centerline so the link doesn't "roll over".

I noticed too the lowers aren't triangulated much but the uppers are: a lot of dez guys do that... I know they are into droop aren't articulating the rear, but wouldn't that give you a lot of rear steer during articulation for us "dual use" guys?

Gravesdiggerxj said:
chrisman full float rear end?

I dig the "canoe" style rear links. Here's tech (most of you already know): most guys built those because it allows you to mount the shock on the lower control arms below link centerline so the link doesn't "roll over".

I noticed too the lowers aren't triangulated much but the uppers are: a lot of dez guys do that... I know they are into droop aren't articulating the rear, but wouldn't that give you a lot of rear steer during articulation for us "dual use" guys?

I have driven several similar trucks on the street, fun to drive with a spool and 600 HP, but It would get real old as a daily driver. In the dirt you don't even notice it, maybe because your smiling the whole time.

Back