• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important information for those coming out to Big Bear for the SoCal Chapter Event

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
1. If you're planning to camp with us, make sure to take care of all the arrangements ahead of time so that you can stay with the group:
Please make reservations through the KIOSK. If you have made the reservations through reserve USA call the KIOSK and have them move to next to the group.
The Ph# to the Kiosk is 909 866 8021 you will talk to Mike or Liz. If no answer leave a message of the who you are and the dates you want to reserve. Phone call and reservations can be made all weekend and should be made with the campground itself. But hurry the spot are starting to fill up as there are only two loops open in the campground.

Make sure you let the rangers know you are with NAXJA and there for the trail maint. and they will find you the appropriate place to camp with the group.

2. Make sure that your rig meets all the requirements as set by NAXJA:
Required Equipment:
Solid recovery points front and rear (tow hooks, shackles/d-rings, receivers), first aid kit, fire extinguisher, snatch strap (no chains, no strap with metal hooks), spare tire and all necessary hardware.

3. Make sure that you let Aaron know how many hungry mouths you're bringing.

4. I know I must be forgetting something so please post up here with questions relevant to the event ;)

Maintenance at 9.

Ranger station next door actually - just firmed that part up (forgot to ask Greg earlier).

So we'll be meeting up at the station at 9! We'll send a rig over to the Discover center before we leave just to be safe.

Re: Important information for those coming out to Big Bear for the SoCal Chapter Event

Maybe Remi knows this group and said 8:00 so that everyone would be there by 9:00.

Personally, I would like to meet at 8:30 and leave the Discovery Center at 9:00 to get to the trail and wheel.

Re: Important information for those coming out to Big Bear for the SoCal Chapter Event

What about maintenance or an afternoon run on Friday?
I should be able to get there by noon or so..
Rick R:sunshine:

Jump This said:
What about maintenance or an afternoon run on Friday?
I should be able to get there by noon or so..
Rick R:sunshine:
There is no easy answer to that question Rick. At Noon I would imagine we would be nearing completion of the required maintenance of 2N04 (provided we have good turnout) and ready to play.

Now where we end up going depeds a lot on who's there and what time it is; last year we went and played over at Pontiac Sluice / Onyx loop.

Also a number of us (myself included) will most likely be heading to another trail to check it out for a potential new Adoption (in addition to 2N04); I do not know what trail that is as our US Forest Service guy was swamped last time I spoke to him.

The best bet would be to head to the 2N04 area and start shouting out on the CB. We'll be running channel four; if that's taken we'll be on fourteen. I would suggest taking 38 to 2N01 then heading to the 2N01 / 2N04 junction, by noon we should be close to it. Just don't get yourself lost, you don't want to miss the margiritas in camp :D I should be able to get some more Topo maps of the area tomorrow when I'm at work.

Sequoia

Back