• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which adjustable track bar??

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed my RE 3.5 superflex and i gained about 5.5 in the rear and 5 in the front :) Now i need an adjustable track bar. I by no means need the heavy duty ones for my aplication. But i am not sure whether to get the RE1600 adjustable track bar or Rusty's adjustable track bar. Any opions or experiences with either?? Oh yea and will i have to buy the brackets with either of them, hope not money is tight.
Thanks, NICK

I forgot to put, or the one from rocky road outfitters?

Yes,you do need the RE extreme duty trackbar and bracket!Its not because its HD but because its the only one that works and lasts.Ive tried all the others only to buy something else till I finally bought the RE one!

I've gotta butt in with my usual ORGS recommendation. The ORGS TB is about the best you can get, it uses the stock bracket but that's probably all you need unless you're running 35" or taller tires.

The ORGS/JKS/Currie all suck,the pivot point is still in the wrong plane and in single shear!

Do Kevin's WJ Trackbar Conversion.. it uses ORGS WJ HD Trackbar and his own mounting bracket... best money spent

RCP Phx said:
The ORGS/JKS/Currie all suck,the pivot point is still in the wrong plane and in single shear!
I gotta agree here. After buying the RE XD trackbar/bracket, the trackbar noises and worries are over.
I also added the RE1670 brace to mine. It's good insurance against frame fatigue and cracking.

RCP

You said you've tried ALL the others. Please be more brand specific, just makes me curious. I really enjoy the product comparisons on this board.

I run the ORGS bar, but have nothing to compare it to. Never had to. :)

Ok here is my scenario. I am looking for an adjustable bar for a daily driver and offroad toy (nothing extreme, for now just out-wheeling some YJ's). I have gathered from above posts that i should get RE or ORGS. Would anyone else agree. I don't think i want to get the HD bar. Let me know what you think. NICK
Do i need the bracket for RE1600????

RCP Phx said:
Sorry RCP, but you're way off on this statement. You said above that you have tried them all, but I'll bet that you haven't tried an ORGS TB. I ran RE's for about a year before upgrading to ORGS TB. The ORGS TB was so much better that I was literally unwilling to sell or give my RE TB to anyone, as I would have felt guilty for doing so. Not only does the ORGS TB work better, but it is way srtonger than the RE TB, & the stock mount is stronger than the RE "HD" mount. If you're concerned about the pivot point & double shear factor, ORGS has a modified stock mount to solve this, but for 6" lift & under it will never be an issue.
Paul

Paul S said:
I'm about 70% on making it, but I won't make a final decision till early next week. If so I'll leave late Wed. or real early Thrus.
Paul

He just needs to get permision first! :D

mark

Back