• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SFWDA first 2017 event

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
The SFWDA is holding their first event of the year on March 18. It will be held at Hale Mountain, AL. Registration opens at 8, the SWFDA meeting starts at 9, and the trail rides start at 10. Cost is $15 at the park.

It's a fun park. We've held a few Fall Flogs there in the past.

Check the SWFDA website for more info.

Anyone going to make this???

I'm actually probably going to be passing by the TA closer to 6:30, but if no one is going, I won't stop.

That was a hell of a trip. We had 3 NAXJA guys there. Saw David Hall for the first time in quite a while. May have brought two more into the fold. A set of brothers that moved down from MI. One had a 2000 XJ and the other in a 2001 WJ.

It had been raining and the trails were like driving on baby poop. Such a mess. Lots of guys showed up open and on ATs. We had 15 in our group...8 Wranglers, from TJs to JK Rubis, a CJ 8 Scrambler, 3 XJs, 2 WJs, and a 4 Runner. One obstacle took almost 2 hours to winch everyone up. I was the ONLY ONE in the group that made it up without a strap. Took me 1 minute 15 seconds from bottom to top. Lots of eyes opened to the capabilities of the unitbody Jeeps.

Had a change to talk to Ray, the SFWDA president and he started telling me about some land use opportunities in the SEC area, so we'll continue that conversation at a later date.

I saw a video posted by David showing a river flowing out there. It looked juicy out there.

Had a good day guiding the moderate group around. It was a slop fest for sure.

My day ended quick when I pinned a huge rock between my drivers tire and my lower 3 link arm and somehow caused my trac bar to snap in half. As a result of loosing the trac bar lost both bilstein remote shocks as well. The rock also took out my driver side brake caliper. Guess that what I get for trying to climb a waterfall that had so much water rushing down it I couldnt see the rocks. Luckily Dad was there in his LJ so jumped in with him and left the jeep for the day.

Was able to drive it off the trail at the end of the day with the help of axle straps and ratchet straps holding the axle in. Broke about 50 yards from the truck and trailer so could have been alot worse.

Planning on hitting hawk pride this weekend so in a rush to fix the trac bar. Already got it cut apart and ready to weld back together and new shocks on the way.

Back