• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yella....

riverfever

NAXJA Forum User
I was going to send you a PM about this but then I said to myself, "Self...this is an Easter miracle and needs to be shared with the masses."

As some of you know, I ride/race bicycles a lot. Spending a lot of time on them goes hand in hand with spandex. I'm not happy about it and would rather I not have to get all geeked up but it serves a purpose (particularly the shorts). Now...having said that...I have always been the first to say that if someone truly thinks they look good in spandex then they have problems. After a 6 hour ride, there is nothing better than going into a gas station and getting a cup of coffee and a snacky cake but I always know what people are thinking.

I also need to give this little bit of information. I was recently diagnosed with fairly severe sleep apnea. So for about a month now I have been on a CPAP machine but I also am on an oxygen machine when I sleep. Since getting used to wearing the face mask and having all of the associated noise in the room, I have begun to have some really interesting dreams because I'm having such better quality sleep. However...as I found out when I opened my eyes this morning...sometimes those dreams are borderline inappropriate and, indeed, nightmares.

Last night I dreamed that I had to stop by Yella's place to get something vehicle related. As always, the view into his garage was obscured by something old, beaten on, and interesting yet overly secured to the trailer (cuz you don't want that falling off in transit and getting damaged). I made my way up the driveway. I finally saw Troy. It was a sight to behold. He was wearing some Sports Authority (quite possibly Dick's) spandex shorts with a white Hanes-like t-shirt, white tube socks, and sneakers. He was all bent over the Duster tuning the carb and there was smoke everywhere and Kenny Rogers, The Gambler was playing in the background. I can't make this sh!t up. It was almost like being at some odd club.

It was about this time that I woke up. Troy, you've helped me out several times and I appreciate it. I would be happy to take you for a ride. I'll even let you use one of my bikes. I don't expect you'll take me up on that offer but, if you do, let's kick it old school huh and wear cut offs.

P.S. Troy....you are dreamy but like my man Kenny...you gotta know when to hold em..know when to fold em...know when to walk away...and no when to run.

Thank you Easter Bunny.

You either need to lay off the recreational pharmaceuticals.... or start. I'm not sure which. :laugh:

Oh! Sweet repression...

Holeeeee keeerap! :roflmao: Now that my side has quit hurting and I can breathe again..... I agree that Chris needs to find some balance with the oxygen and his pharmaceuticles! :D

I think kevin (fireLt.) has had the same dream.......:gag: But for what it's worth...... I wouldn't wish that dream on anyone.....:puke:

But Mike's Ritter comment......hilarious! :thumb up:

Dude...I have no control over my dreams. I mean no disrespect when I say that the only joy I had when I opened my eyes was that the dream was over.

Well I hope sharing your purest subconscious desires has brought you some peace.......:laugh:

Holeeeee keeerap! :roflmao: Now that my side has quit hurting and I can breathe again..... I agree that Chris needs to find some balance with the oxygen and his pharmaceuticles! :D

I think kevin (fireLt.) has had the same dream.......:gag: But for what it's worth...... I wouldn't wish that dream on anyone.....:puke:

But Mike's Ritter comment......hilarious! :thumb up:

Dammit Troy I was really trying to stay out of this! I can't comment right now, not feeling too good for some reason.....

LOL. Happy friggin easter -- troy didn't have bunny ears in said dream, did he?

Back