• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ECORS DPG - Nov 13, 2010

loki_racer

NAXJA Forum User
ECORS is having their last race of the season at DPG near Silver Valley, NC on November 13, 2010. This is a good chance to get to wheel a private park. It will be open to racing on the 13th and wheeling on the 14th.

It's the last race of the season, so I would expect that people will be going all out. Good chance to see some rigs in action if you are interested in joining for the points series next season.

Should be there. May or may not bring my jeep, probably just come out to watch this time around, maybe ride with someone else for some wheeling.
----------------------------------------------------------------

For those who dont know:

GREENSBORO take 85south to 109south as soon as you cross 64 turn left on hanerville rd.Head down hanerville to stopsign at old 64,cross old64(hanerville turns into rosswood rd) DPG is a half amile or so on the right.

CHAROLOTTE take 85north to 64east, take64 to 109 tnrn right 1tenth of a mile then left on hanerville rd.(then follow greensboro directions)

RALEIGH/ASHBORO take 64west to old64.turn left on old64 (if you pass tabernacle fire dept you have past old64) then turn left on rosswood rd DPG is a half a mile or so on the right.

DENTON take 109north to old64 turn left on old64 then turn right on rosswood rd DPG on right.

Chris are you racing?

Yup. Wrapping up a couple mods next week and should be ready to race. Still need to figure out what to do with the radiator resevoir because the air bumps are now in its way. OBA has a leak in the manifold and the hose is still missing from the last race. Also have a CROK steering box brace on the way.

Extended the arms an inch this weekend. Put the new air bump strike pads in and locktighted every bolt I could get my hands on.

It'd be awesome to see some NAXJA guys come out and represent. Lots of XJs racing usually.

Last edited:
Loki,

How about some pictures of the XJ you race? Sounds like a cool event.

www.ecors.com has more information.

There are three classes. Class A is no adjustable vehicle supporting suspension, 33" and one locker or 35" and no locker. Class B is 2 adjustable supporting suspension pieces, and up to 40" and one locker. Class C is anything goes.

It is not mud racing. It is endurance offroad racing. The guy winning the Class A series maybe has $1000 in his XJ, total.

Anyone can race. Sign up on ecors.com. You will need a firesuit, helmet, two fire extinguishers and some minor other gear. I would recommend anyone interested in racing come out and watch at least one race before entering. It's an amazing group of people involved with ECORS and everyone is out to have some fun. It's not uncommon to see competing teams helping each other in the pits. There will be rule changes for next year, so I wouldn't get involved in racing just yet.

It is a huge war of attrition. Don't plan on driving your rig home.

I've driven cars on the Charlotte Motor Speedway, flown T34 turbo prop Navy trainers, skydived, ridden in Abrams M1A1's, race street bikes, you name it. Hands down, I think ECORS racing is the most fun I've ever had.

www.ecors.com has more information.

There are three classes. Class A is no adjustable vehicle supporting suspension, 33" and one locker or 35" and no locker. Class B is 2 adjustable supporting suspension pieces, and up to 40" and one locker. Class C is anything goes.

It is not mud racing. It is endurance offroad racing. The guy winning the Class A series maybe has $1000 in his XJ, total.

Anyone can race. Sign up on ecors.com. You will need a firesuit, helmet, two fire extinguishers and some minor other gear. I would recommend anyone interested in racing come out and watch at least one race before entering. It's an amazing group of people involved with ECORS and everyone is out to have some fun. It's not uncommon to see competing teams helping each other in the pits. There will be rule changes for next year, so I wouldn't get involved in racing just yet.

It is a huge war of attrition. Don't plan on driving your rig home.

I've driven cars on the Charlotte Motor Speedway, flown T34 turbo prop Navy trainers, skydived, ridden in Abrams M1A1's, race street bikes, you name it. Hands down, I think ECORS racing is the most fun I've ever had.

Points leader is RenegadeT I believe? He drives that thing balls to the wall. Yeah though, doing alot of part trading and getting freebies helps out. Pretty sure he is still running stock shocks, factory leafs with shackel, and factory coils with a spacer.

They are having a long jump contest at the ECORS race also, should be very interesting.

Hmmm..schedule depending I may have to take a ride up there...Haven't been to DPG in a couple years.

Alright ladies. My codriver had to back out. He mumbled something about wife and birthday party.

I need a codriver. The only requirements are that you must be available on Nov. 12th after 3 or 4pm (and be at DPG) and all morning Nov. 13th. Must have a fire suit and a helmet (3/4 or more). Must be able to run a winch, change a tire, and scream like a little girl.

I'd prefer people that are considering racing next year to give them a chance to see what it's all about.

You'll get free admission and can wheel the park on Sunday. If I know you and didn't ask you personally, it's only because I doubted you had a fire suit and helmet.

Have you posted this on NC4x4? There are always guys on there wanting to do it, no firesuit here, Ill mention this to a buddy, he drag races so has all the gear, has winched himself out countless times, and he has been known to scream like a little girl.
He is 71chevytruckguy on NC4x4, Ill give him a holler tonight.

TTT. This is next weekend. As far as I can tell there are going to be a boatload of racers and more spectators than any event ECORS has had. Great chance see some XJ's in action.

I will be prerunning around 4pm on Friday. I have two rear seats for anyone that wants to do a ride along.

I'm going to try and make it and might be photographing.

I'm going to try and make it as well and would love to ride along for a bit. I'll know tomorrow what my work schedule is.

Not 100% if I can make it or not anymore, some big family issues came to the surface last night and that comes first. Those of you who haven't been and are going, your in for a real show. From what Ive head from most racers it will be intense.

Also, CHECK THIS OUT.
LETTING SOMEONE RACE FOR FREE.
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100271

Well looks like I have to work 8-5 Saturday.....ahh the joys of returning to automotive retail. :banghead:

Back