NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > SierraFest 2006
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Old July 18th, 2006, 13:06
NAXJA Forum User

Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION about SierraFest 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan C.
I too have the time off of work already and I plan on running something. Anyone up for all 3 trails in 5 days?

I don't want to give up completely on this run but we need 10 rigs to pay in full for camping for the week to pull it off in its current form.

So far I am assuming we have:

1. Me
2. Basalt51
3. Bent
4. Eric's XJ
5. canyonman
6. XJourney
7. 2extreme

A few other people have shown interest, but so far that is it. We need 3 more rigs, anyone else want to step up?
I hate to do this, I guess I spoke too soon. 2xtreme and I are not going to come down. His rig is still in parts and completely unproven at this point and way too many "issues." We don't want to be "THAT GUY!" And I have a 6 month pregeant wife at home, so making a 1500 mile trip on my own would NOT be in the best interest of my family. (finiancally and marritaly) But we will try for next year.

Once again we are sorry it didn't work out. Thanks to all who planned and helped out with Sierra fest. Especially you BC.

Hans
Old July 18th, 2006, 16:29
NAXJA Member #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan C.
I too have the time off of work already and I plan on running something. Anyone up for all 3 trails in 5 days?

I don't want to give up completely on this run but we need 10 rigs to pay in full for camping for the week to pull it off in its current form.

So far I am assuming we have:

1. Me
2. Basalt51
3. Bent
4. Eric's XJ
5. canyonman
6. 2extreme

A few other people have shown interest, but so far that is it. We need 4 more rigs, anyone else want to step up?
Yup, I'm still wheelin somewhere the first weekend (was the fordyce or barret?) and then Rubicon mon-wedish. I'ld even head to fordyce or barrett Th and head home friday. Gotta get ready for my daughter 1 year birthday!!!
Old July 18th, 2006, 18:18
Only Slightly Psychotic

Exclamation Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION about SierraFest 2006

I'm still all in. All days, all trails.

TIM
'87 MJ 4.0 AW4 231 Stock-ish
SoCal Chapter President
Old July 18th, 2006, 23:05
NAXJA Member #616

Well heck, I'm still in, "official run" or not. Been 2 years since I met some of you (Bryan and Basalt, and?....) and I'll look forward to meeting more. There may be another guy coming up with me from Reno too.
Old July 19th, 2006, 15:16
NAXJA Member #938

I was planning on going, but never commited. I guess it was people like me that got this thing cancelled...

Anyway, I have been trying like crazy to get my new rig in order for this run, and it looks like everything will come together in time. If I have the new rig done, I should be okay to run whatever (no lift, 33's, f/r lockers, 4.88's, boatsides, in/out cage thing). Though I question the fordyce crossings sitting so low...

If I dont get it done, I am still down for the Rubicon in my old POS (2.5", 31's, f/r limited slips, been through the Rubicon twice...). Unfortunately, I would have to just run the Con, because there is no way this rig will tackle the harder trails.

Either way, I won't be available until Monday morning, so as long as we can find a reasonable place to meet then, count me in...

Travis
Old July 19th, 2006, 17:09
NAXJA Forum User

I am in for Sat. thru Wed. for sure. The rest of the week is a maybe?(work schedule). I look forward to meeting you guys, I think...
Ken
Old July 19th, 2006, 18:41
NAXJA Forum User

I am a definate for the entire week and will take XJourney's spot. Sorry that it all fell through. I am planning on going that week regardless.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:59
Member #674

I am still interested in hosting a Barrett Lake run for the 12th and 13th of August. As of right now, this in the only run to be rescheduled from the former SierraFest.

All the same run requirements still aplly, just need a vehicle that meets the minimum standards. I'll post up more info regarding this run in the Sierra Chapter.

EDIT: Run is now open to non-members

Last edited by Bryan C.; July 26th, 2006 at 11:39.