• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Run August 8-10th

NoCoastFocus

NAXJA Forum User
My buddy is making the 20 hour drive from Colorado to run the Rubicon. We are going to hit the trail August 8-10th. We don't have any hotel plans or anything else set, just the dates. I know the big Rubicon event ends on August 5th so hopefully there won't be a ton of people up there. I have only hit the trail one time, and I could probably navigate my way through again. However, I wouldn't mind following someone with a little more experience on the Rubicon either. My friend, Nate, is going to try and get a small group together from colorado4x4.org, but it might be difficult because of the looooong drive and the hiiiiiiiigh gas prices. I posted up on bayarea4x4 as well as jeepcoop to hopefully get a few people to run the trail with us. Let me know if you want to go or even lead the expedition!

hey my friends and i are talking about a rubicon trip around that same time. iv takin my cherokee in there but only had enough time to make it the bottom of cadillac hill. she did just fine though so far. im running on new 35 bgf mt's 4.5" of lift no lockers what does the rest of the trail look like if you enter from tahoe like we did?

Well I ran the trail without to much problem on 3.5" lift and 32's so you should be just fine. We entered from the Tahoe side also and it was a pretty good trail. I am really excited to get back there.

Remeber - the rubicon is a pack it in, pack it out trail... stock up on Wag Bags...

also the laws state that your vehicle can at no time be more than 25 feet from the centerline of the trail - even when parked and camping - they DO write tickets for that... just make sure that everyone in your group knows!

As things get closer, ill see if can make it - dont know if ill have any money left in august to spend on wheeling... :anon:

XJ_ranger said:
Remeber - the rubicon is a pack it in, pack it out trail... stock up on Wag Bags...

also the laws state that your vehicle can at no time be more than 25 feet from the centerline of the trail - even when parked and camping - they DO write tickets for that... just make sure that everyone in your group knows!

As things get closer, ill see if can make it - dont know if ill have any money left in august to spend on wheeling... :anon:
^Good call. I do have about 10 wag bags left from last year so I should be okay. I will post up more details about what to bring when the date gets closer.

a few guys from my club here in Australia are thinking of flying over to do the trail anyone got any links to info or jeep clubs in the area to contact about some detailed info

I know alot (mostly everybody) is going to be wheelin Swamp Lake. However, if you want to run the Rubicon, we are heading in Friday. We will be camping Friday and Saturday and heading out Sunday. It will be 3 black jeeps and probably Saulo's green TJ. One Cherokee, one JK, and one LJ all black. If you see us up there or wanna roll with us we will be hitting the trail Friday around noon. A few others are expected in the evening Friday.

NoCoastFocus said:
Well I ran the trail without to much problem on 3.5" lift and 32's so you should be just fine. We entered from the Tahoe side also and it was a pretty good trail. I am really excited to get back there.

The trail should be in good shape after a couple of weeks of the Jeepers Jamboree. I just ran the Rubicon from Loon Lake to Tahoe on 31"s without much problem, but driving that direction may be easier than going from Tahoe to Loon. You should do fine with 33's or larger and lockers.

I wish I could go but I'm still repairing damage from the end of July Rubicon trip. Look for blue paint on the rocks. That would be me.

Back