• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SPeedo gear

XJeeper05

NAXJA Forum User
I've done some searching but I can't find what I'm looking for. What tooth count for a speedo gear do I need for 33s and 3:07s? I think its 26. ALso where can I find a speedo gear like this?

PS- I do NOT want your imput to tell me I need to regear. that is just not an option at this moment and I have to recalibrate my speedo gear ASAP. Thanks

XJeeper05 said:
I've done some searching but I can't find what I'm looking for. What tooth count for a speedo gear do I need for 33s and 3:07s? I think its 26. ALso where can I find a speedo gear like this?

PS- I do NOT want your imput to tell me I need to regear. that is just not an option at this moment and I have to recalibrate my speedo gear ASAP. Thanks
http://jeepsunlimited.com/zj/speedo/speedo.htm

XJeeper05 said:
thank you very much for that.. but that only gives the tooth count for a 29 tooth gear.

Huh?

I think you mean part #. Simply substitute the last two numbers of the part number in the chart for your application with the gear count you want (26). I don't believe that you will find what you are looking for, however. 29 is the smallest factory gear

XJeeper05 said:
I think i'm just screwed for finding the right speedo gear.
Sounds like a hint; and you know the answer already.

You can run different gears front and rear...just drop the front driveshaft to avoid expensive noises from the t-case until you can afford to regear the front.

"I think i'm just screwed for finding the right speedo gear."

That's right. They don't make that gear because nobody in his right mind would try to run 33" tires with 3.07 gears!

Back