• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Takeshi's Castle on spike network!!

Patriot

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sure you guys have seen this Japanese show. Hilarious!! :laugh: It's called MXC on Spike. I don't know how long they've had it out here, but it's pretty big in Japan. Spike does a pretty good job of dubing in the English comentators and English contestants parts for it. Good to see that someone brought it over here for us to see.

The best game, by far, is the bridge golden volleyball game. OH ME, OH MY!!! :laugh: What could be better than people walking across a bridge with no hand rails, holding a golden volleyball, while someone shots black volleyballs going about 40 mph at their head and groin areas. OH MY!!! :laugh:

But there are so many good games, the vetebrate rolling logs, the stone skipping, the two hill runs, the shitake (mushroom) spin, the fly on the window, and the rope swing platform landing. Some of the contestants just get HAD!! What makes it better is that the Japanese just go all out, full speed on everything.

Excellent show! If you haven't seen this show, you're missing out. Next to simpsons, it's my favorite show!

Absolutely right. Extreme Elimination Challenge + The Simpsons = funniest shows ever conceived by man. :yelclap:

btw, for those of you that haven't already figured this out - they are NOT translating. Spike is making all that stuff up. I don't even think the footage they show in any given show is from one individual episode of the original.

I dont know the name, but it is the one where the contestants run out of a gate to try and catch a soccer ball. They are trying to run through waste deep mud, and catch a catapulted soccer ball.

Some lady booked it outta the gate, and caught the soccer ball with her face! She got knocked the funk out. Best one I have seen by far.

Fergie

The openning race throught the doors is great. How they run flat out into a blocked door. Funny sh!t.

The best episode ever was during one event where they run over stones in the water, some move and tip, some don't, etc... Anyway right before this one guy was gonna go he tried to do a back flip to show off and pretty much just catapulted himself on his head. :twak: If any of you saw this one, you have to agree.

MonsterXJ said:
Dont Get Eliminated!

Right you are, Monster.

Yes, this show is by far one of my all-time favs. It goes in the Seinfeld, Dukes of Hazzard, etc. archive.:D

Personally, I like the Pole Rider's, Log Roll, Gauntlett, Stepping Stones, Eat SHITtakee and the Golden Gobes.

Did you guys catch that episode where they had the jet ski pulling the raft and they launched those poor fools off the ramps in the lake? OMG that one lady caught like 8' of air and bashed her dome on the raft upon landing. :laugh2: :laugh2:

Last edited:
what about the names and jobs they give the people? anybody pay attention to them. it's just hilarious. and being a teenager(yes i know luagh, but give me a break. i did all the work on my rig)well being a little guy i can't help myself from laughing at the dumba**es. ever see the ones were they run up the hills and get crushed by bolders. but i have to agree with Okey terry, running and hitting the blocked doors-how often do you see some one running into a door.

rockin'_phil said:
what about the names and jobs they give the people?

There's always an "Epstien Barr" and a "babaganush" in there somewhere.

And how can you forget that guy doing the flip and landing on his neck!!!

How about the field anouncer's name "Guy LaDeuche"

Great show!
That would never work in this country as there's so many sue happy people here.
Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano, two classic Japanese names. :D

Jes

Back