• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WF discussion moved from For Sale Forum

Paintballpsyco2369

NAXJA Forum User
I appreciate the offer, but what is WF? I am not too into any of the event type gatherings or anything too much yet. Not that I do not want to be lol, just no rig yet, as the above is proof to I am working on it lol.

Paint

I appreciate the offer, but what is WF? I am not too into any of the event type gatherings or anything too much yet. Not that I do not want to be lol, just no rig yet, as the above is proof to I am working on it lol.

Paint

http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=237

Well im not the best person to talk to about WinterFest, considering this will be my first year in attendace. BUT it is really big event that NAXJA puts together every year. Lots of people go for the weekend.
It is at the BadLands in Attica IN if you are familiar with it.

Re: Hunting Down parts for my XJ

WinterFest is what separates NAXJA from other forums.

Re: Hunting Down parts for my XJ

Well im not the best person to talk to about WinterFest, considering this will be my first year in attendace. BUT it is really big event that NAXJA puts together every year. Lots of people go for the weekend.

63 rigs last year!

What he said! :cheers:

WF does not separate NAXJA from the other forums.....it separates the MWC from the other chapters. Who else would get together to freeze to death to wheel for a day in a quarry?

Sounds cool lol. Not familiar at all, I live in Memphis Mi, a place of which NO ONE has heard of lol, middle of nowhere lol. Sounds like a lot of fun though. Wish I would be able to go, perhaps next year.

63 rigs last year!
What he said! :cheers:

Nice, well, my rig is not yet done, so would not be able to go till maybe next year at the earliest lol.

WF does not separate NAXJA from the other forums.....it separates the MWC from the other chapters. Who else would get together to freeze to death to wheel for a day in a quarry?

In a Quarry you say?... LMAO I only laugh because I am a cold water diver and we do a lot of team training in a quarry, SCUBA DIVING in the winter! Ice diving too. Both for fun and training reasons lol.

Thanks for the input, not sure how this thread got started exactly but I guess thanks lol.

Paint

C'mon! It's only about a 7 hour drive for you. I think people make it from further. At any rate, I don't know what you mean by you rig not being done yet, but all levels of build are capable at the Badlands. I ran last year bone stock.

I will be running this year on stock suspension too. I know I wont be able to wheel with some of the big rigs (aka XJs on tons) but I still want to go to enjoy the festivities and meet some of you boneheads. Then I can guilt trip (knowledgeable)people into helping me throw my lift on when I get some funds together...

Nice, well, my rig is not yet done, so would not be able to go till maybe next year at the earliest lol.

My rig is sitting in a junkyard waiting for me to come get it and I have to buy another XJ to put my parts on! Come on out all you need is all the requirements for recovery and safety and a set of rock sliders if you like your rockers! Stock XJ's do fine on the trail!

meh, live on the ramen noodle diet for a few weeks! :D Oh and members get discounts at JCR and AJ's offroad!

meh, live on the ramen noodle diet for a few weeks! :D Oh and members get discounts at JCR and AJ's offroad!
I am on the Ramen noodle diet already!! That is so I can afford a rear hitch by then!!

What is below that? Ketchup packets and Ritz crackers?

Maybe ill open my paypal account to donations LOL

I will be running this year on stock suspension too. I know I wont be able to wheel with some of the big rigs (aka XJs on tons) but I still want to go to enjoy the festivities and meet some of you boneheads. Then I can guilt trip (knowledgeable)people into helping me throw my lift on when I get some funds together...

Well, Ian. I know a guy down in West La-La. He and I go back to Jr. High. I would bet that I can twist his arm into us helping you tackle that job.

I am on the Ramen noodle diet already!! That is so I can afford a rear hitch by then!!

What is below that? Ketchup packets and Ritz crackers?

Maybe ill open my paypal account to donations LOL

And as far as a hitch goes, if it comes down to the wire, I've got a class 1 receiver that I'll let go to you for some drinkables at WF and even help you install it pre-inspection.

And as far as a hitch goes, if it comes down to the wire, I've got a class 1 receiver that I'll let go to you for some drinkables at WF and even help you install it pre-inspection.

Would you really?!? That would be fantastic man. And since I am at good ole Purdue, where "drinkables" are almost the standardized currency, im sure that wont be a problem. :cheers:

In the meantime Ill continue my ramen diet in hopes of getting together some funds.

Yeah, I've done my fair share of boozin it up on Littleton and outer-lying neighborhoods in West La-La. I know protocol. Geeze, now I remember tailgating down there too...I love Purdue.

Oh, and it's no problems. That's how I roll. You'll learn that.

Trust me, If you are as Die hard as I am, you are you can come up with the money. as of now I have 3 and 3/4 sets of wheels, Various lift components, tail light boxes, a crap load of extra misc stuff and an XJ I have to part out! So getting the next XJ ready for WF should be easy for me! :D

Trust me, If you are as Die hard as I am, you are you can come up with the money. as of now I have 3 and 3/4 sets of wheels, Various lift components, tail light boxes, a crap load of extra misc stuff and an XJ I have to part out! So getting the next XJ ready for WF should be easy for me! :D

Well me being the planning type of person I am... I figured out that I can ration out my summer job earnings at the rate of 200$ a month. As long as I spend less than that, the remainder goes into the Jeep fund.

So the problem is not that I am not die hard, but that my only source of income is what I dont spend out of my savings... :doh:

Plus not having my Jeep on campus doesnt really help with the whole motivation thing. :bawl:

C'mon! It's only about a 7 hour drive for you. I think people make it from further. At any rate, I don't know what you mean by you rig not being done yet, but all levels of build are capable at the Badlands. I ran last year bone stock.

LOL, I would love to go but that would require some funding lol. by not being done, I mean for 1) the flintsone ability, when you have no floorpans and could run like the flinstones lol. 2) rockers half rusted out, 3) suspension mostly shot 4) exhaust shot and 5) brakes not the greatest lol.

Most of that will be fixed in the next month, but when added to the low funding, plus work schedule.... Maybe next year my buddy and I might go but for now, I need to focus on finishing this rig (again it is my first) and getting it all running and working decent before I start thinking about events and such lol.

If I did not have the other problems, I would probably attempt it lol.

My rig is sitting in a junkyard waiting for me to come get it and I have to buy another XJ to put my parts on! Come on out all you need is all the requirements for recovery and safety and a set of rock sliders if you like your rockers! Stock XJ's do fine on the trail!

I probably would not meet ANY of the requirements lol. I should probably get good rockers before rock sliders as well lol. Mine may be stock,but it is from 1988, saw a good number of years of use and prior to when I got it, it sat in our back field having hay stored in it for the horses for somewhere close between 3-5 years lol. So as of now, I am not ready lol. Unless I might stand a chance in a 1998 Buick Regal LS lmao. So how long has this event been going on? Sounds like a blast lol.

Thanks again all,

Paint

Back