• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many?

how many different xj's wheeled in years attending winterfest

• one

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • two

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • three

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • four or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • none

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I understand the part thing... I have OEM steering spare set up im bring, spare fuel injector, some otehr odds and ends... Im looking for axle shafts atm... trying to sell/trade some of my parts for other parts...

I do.:D Right along with spare leaf springs. I am not going to travel that far and break to not be able to put myself back together again!:D The welder is always at Winterfest.:thumbup:

Oh I know How you roll Kim. I am surprised you didn't bring a trailer with a Machine Shop in it! :D

I usually carry a big Plastic box full of spares/ fluids and what not along with my 150something peice craftsman kit. I will have a couple spare u-joints and maybe a spare shaft in the back too. The Jeep I am looking at already has ZJ Steering and 760x u joints in it so I am good there.

Last edited:
At Winterfest, if you don't have the part, someone usually has it. If not the parts store usually stocks pretty good. What gear ratio do you have? I have a couple c8.25 laying around.:D That d35 will hold up fine with a lighter foot on the pedal. Just take it easy. It has lasted through your past wheeling trips.

I understand the part thing... I have OEM steering spare set up im bring, spare fuel injector, some otehr odds and ends... Im looking for axle shafts atm... trying to sell/trade some of my parts for other parts...

I have a few extra 29 spline 8.25 shafts FLASH. I will have them along and if you need one we can work somehing out then so you can save your hard earned college kid money for booze and hookers.

I will have lots of spare parts in the van if others need them. Axleshafts, starters, alternators(flex:D) and more. I don't want to sell them, as I will use them in the future, but if someone needs one it is there to keep them going or get them home.

I have a few extra 29 spline 8.25 shafts FLASH. I will have them along and if you need one we can work somehing out then so you can save your hard earned college kid money for booze and hookers.

MIght have to get one from ya Tyler. After WF I hope to have a 4.10 d30/ 8.8 combo to swap in on my next rig.

I honestly cannot remember which one was your. I have about four good ones in the corner of the garage and I can't remember what yours looked like.:D

At Winterfest, if you don't have the part, someone usually has it. If not the parts store usually stocks pretty good. What gear ratio do you have? I have a couple c8.25 laying around.:D That d35 will hold up fine with a lighter foot on the pedal. Just take it easy. It has lasted through your past wheeling trips.

i have 3.55's right now but i figured once i get a new axle for the rear i will probably go 4.88's. PMed about the axles though

and thats the thing lol the wheeling that i have done hasn't necessarily been the most challenging ( took my mom and sister, they freak out easily). so who knows how the d35 will hold up once i get off the mean green trail.

We had a jeep follow us on pink trail with a d35 and 31" or 33" at's(I can't remember) he did just fine. Lucky maybe, but still never broke.

I honestly cannot remember which one was your. I have about four good ones in the corner of the garage and I can't remember what yours looked like.:D

Kim, You just might have a Problem! :D

MIght have to get one from ya Tyler. After WF I hope to have a 4.10 d30/ 8.8 combo to swap in on my next rig.

if ya break and need one I will have extras, as well as all the internals for an 8.25. I have a couple of D30 shafts w/ the big joints as well. Multiple extra front drive shafts and one 231/8.25 rear drive shaft

if ya break and need one I will have extras, as well as all the internals for an 8.25. I have a couple of D30 shafts w/ the big joints as well. Multiple extra front drive shafts and one 231/8.25 rear drive shaft

Well, It looks like It'll be open/open on the rig I am looking at so I am not too worried about breaking a shaft but you never know! Plus, I will probably wheel green again because of the open/open combo.

Last edited:

If you decide to get rid of those d30 shafts.... I may be interested...

i have 3.55's right now but i figured once i get a new axle for the rear i will probably go 4.88's. PMed about the axles though

and thats the thing lol the wheeling that i have done hasn't necessarily been the most challenging ( took my mom and sister, they freak out easily). so who knows how the d35 will hold up once i get off the mean green trail.

GoSlowGetStuck had his rig on 33's with open/open 30/35. I don't recall him ever breaking a shaft. Being open helps that a lot. I wouldn't worry about it too much until you get locked. But, by then, I'd have something to replace it with anyway as it sounds you will.

I voted 2, but my first XJ was never at an offical WF. It was at WF02 & 03. JIM.

Back