• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saturday Easy/Moderate run

95 auto aw4 231 open/open 8.25 4" short arm lift, 1 1/2" drop shackles, rear recovery points (fronts too if we get em done :D) on 31" TSL Swampers (they measure out to almost 32")

im not afraid of dents, chicks dig trail damage :looney: just need to make sure she drives home.

count me in!
-mike

GrimmJeeper said:
95 auto aw4 231 open/open 8.25 4" short arm lift, 1 1/2" drop shackles, rear recovery points (fronts too if we get em done :D) on 31" TSL Swampers (they measure out to almost 32")

im not afraid of dents, chicks dig trail damage :looney: just need to make sure she drives home.

count me in!
-mike

For the easy run? Come on... test that Jeep.. come with me on Deep Creek and Holcomb...

Oh, I forgot. You have the family and need make sure the wife does not get freaked out...

Dan will provide a good run for you guys!

rpraterxj said:
For the easy run? Come on... test that Jeep.. come with me on Deep Creek and Holcomb...

i'll get out there rob dont worry lol. we got a whole weekend to play. i just wanna get the wife out at least once. then its play time.

Dan...I'm sure you realize my Jeep will run anything up there, but I will probably take the easy run so I can get back early to start cooking.

'04 K1500 Suburban with skids and tow points front/rear. Running boards'll handle some degree of abuse, but prolly not full weight. I've run Mojave road twice in it. Stock tires, but that means 31s.

--Hildy

Hildy said:
'04 K1500 Suburban with skids and tow points front/rear. Running boards'll handle some degree of abuse, but prolly not full weight. I've run Mojave road twice in it. Stock tires, but that means 31s.

--Hildy
Are you serious?

Those boards will take a beating on even the "easy" trails due to the length of the 'burb.

Hildy said:

--Hildy
Ive never ran with or in a suburban so im not sure how it will do on a trail. I know they are long and I know they are wide. Im not saying you cant or shouldnt go we will figure something out

I have an idea of what our route will comprise of but on saturday we will see what the groups capabilities and interests are and we will adjust acordingly. Ill be looking for a tail gunner if anyone is interested please pm me

JohnX said:
Are you serious?
Yep. :viking:
JohnX said:
Those boards will take a beating on even the "easy" trails due to the length of the 'burb.
I'm not worried about cosmetic (scratches, scrapes, even the occasional dent) stuff, cuz I've used them as sliders before, I just don't know that they'll take having the vehicle dropped on 'em. And if not, I suspect I'll be finding out the hard way. But that's okay, we bought the 4x so we could use it.

Since I don't have the 100k it would take to get a Defender 147 into the country, the current plan is to obtain and build a pair of jeeps (preferably similar enough that I only need one set of spares).

--Hildy

dzraces said:
I have an idea of what our route will comprise of but on saturday we will see what the groups capabilities and interests are and we will adjust acordingly. Ill be looking for a tail gunner if anyone is interested please pm me

I could bring up the rear if you need me to Dan!

Couple of questions though, where are we meeting, I am driving up on Saturday morning?? Also, what time are we all gathering?

plan on 8:45 am at the big bear discovery center back parking lot

Id like to see us organised and lined up by 9:15 and on the road soon after.

the discovery center is located on the north side of the lake cant miss it.

dzraces said:
plan on 8:45 am at the big bear discovery center back parking lot

Id like to see us organised and lined up by 9:15 and on the road soon after.

the discovery center is located on the north side of the lake cant miss it.

Big Bear Discovery Center
40971 North Shore Dr. (Hwy 38)
P.O. Box 66
Fawnskin, California 92338
(909)866-3437

http://tinyurl.com/37e58n

dzraces said:
WARNING: EVERYONE will be required to have a cb as well as tow points and all other NAXJA required gear......

i dont have a CB nor can i afford one right now. count me out :doh:

Back