• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Noobfest: 6/2

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm really pleased with how this run turned out. I had a blast this weekend, and really enjoyed the group we had.

Staging at Rogers in the morning.
IMG_0139.jpg

I think we had 15 Jeeps total in the group, which was still manageable. Flash2Pablo coming up University Firepower.
IMG_0141.jpg

Dropping down the back side of University Firepower. The hill was a sloppy mess.
IMG_0145.jpg

Optional little hill climb on the third section of Power Line.
IMG_0147.jpg

Paul.
IMG_0151.jpg

Warren in his clean JK, with professional co-driver Dellstopjeep.
IMG_0153.jpg

Group shot on Power Line.
IMG_0154.jpg

From Power Line we cruised the roads past Lyda Camp, and then continued onto Hoodraiser. It's a pretty straight forward trail. Redjeep2.0 at the top.
IMG_0156.jpg

Snapple. I have to say you did some great driving on the trails, and really showed how capable a stock XJ can be. Well done.
IMG_0158.jpg

What's a Cherokee run with out a little over heating? :D
IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Nick's always willing to lend a hand, and some advice.
IMG_0163.jpg

After we let the motor cool down, and topped off the system, we continued up to Hogs Back. Just another day on the trails for, Alyssa.
IMG_0166.jpg

Warren and Eric crawling the JK up it.
IMG_0168.jpg

Jeremy being a poser.
IMG_0170.jpg

After the first part of Hogs Back, we continued onto the second section through the trees. It's tight, and it's always fun to see how few reverses you can use.

We then took the Rocky Uphill bypass down the off camber tight corner. Luckily we all kept it rubber side down. Once we got to Canopener we took a quick lunch and watched some Yota's give it a go.

From Canopener we stayed on Archers Firebreak. Waiting to regroup. I have to thank everyone for their patience, and help getting everyone through the tough spots.
IMG_0174.jpg

Eventually we reached Waterfall. Nick felt out the filter pretty good before finding the line.
IMG_0175.jpg

I'm less than pleased with my run up it. Smashed my header panel Eric-style from not paying attention, and then proceeded to shave my 8.8 at the top. Win some, lose some I guess.

Alyssa's turn.
IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Jeremy did it like a man. My camera couldn't even focus in time.
IMG_0186.jpg

When we were done screwing around on Waterfall we headed back to Lyda Camp to air up the day trippers. Vice President Dellstopjeep on air up duty. What a guy!
IMG_0187.jpg

Warren's JK now had some street cred.
IMG_0189.jpg

Little confused why this Moab-rated LJ came to Noobfest, but then I saw how he drove.
IMG_0190.jpg

On our way back to Browns Camp Jeremy decided to give Mini Rubicon a go.
IMG_0193.jpg

He had the right line, but there such little room for error it just didn't happen. It doesn't look like it's changed much, but I guarantee it's gotten dug out a bit more. Getting a full bodied rig on 35's up is now a chore. Jeremy winched up, and modified his passenger doors in the process.
IMG_0194.jpg

Weather cooperated pretty well.
IMG_0199.jpg

Once again, thanks to all who made it out this weekend! I wish I could have done a few things different, but I'm pleased with turnout. Thanks to all who helped out on the trail to keep the group moving. Hope to see everyone on the trails again soon.

Good turn out!!! I was going to try to meet up with you guys mid-trail about halfway thru the day, but the timing just never worked out until way later that evening. Glad to see the weather held out, and no one suffered any carnage that was too bad. I was up there the previous weekend, and didnt notice any log jam blockage on that one part ("optional hill climb") of Powerline... and was disappointed to see that University Firepower was closed off..... you guys lucked out, they must've just opened it back up before you got there.
>
Hope to see you guys out there one of these days!

My weekend started on Friday after work
I found diesel for 3.89 it was a good deal so I filled up
0213dca5.jpg

At some point jimmy (He-man) broke out his hotdog stick
0515cb8f.jpg

Then his hotdog chick
79e2499b.jpg

Some point on power line
f620ae82.jpg

e4907fe3.jpg

Clearly Dustin is having a good time
6a243c9a.jpg

fa625fa1.jpg

What's he doing?
3cafe6c4.jpg

I think hes looking at something
09a59ece.jpg

1a63f39e.jpg

What is that

cdc8298c.jpg

Is that poop on your shirt?

Dustin double fisting it, doing work!

d357486a.jpg

Crazy moose helping a Toyota guy
4f29af35.jpg

He looks so happy

fc484ef4.jpg

I think your spotting helped more that my winch repair. I cant belive how much help those guys needed with just winching up. I always look happy. :) Glade to lend a hand to anyone.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for allowing my non-XJ along for the ride- it IS a Jeep though! lol I had an awesome time and really enjoyed meeting such cool people. You really made me feel welcome. Special thanks to Eric for putting up with my attempts to break my transfer case. lol I am up for any runs- especially trails. It was a BLAST!!!

we just got home. what a long friggin' drive!
we had a great time meeting & wheeling with you guys & will make it a plan to do this again for sure.

After everyone else came up with an excuse to leave early on sunday, knucklehead and I took on FB5, saddle up and cedar tree. I snaped a few picture for him I will post up when I get home tonight.

Thats great Jeremy, I tryed to do the same thing Friday, unfortunatly I have no idea where anything is. Yeah we went out and got lost.

We had a map ass clown, the trails are not marked with names, so it woudnt have done us much good. Unless you know how to read a map not knowing where the hell you are.

Last edited:
Yeah okay Jermey next time we go up I will take you up with the map that I gave you on Saturday and you can find your way back. Since your soooooooo smart. No compass either or GPS

I will let you drive us to where ever with me blind folded, then we will switch. All I get is a map and good conversation with you the whole way back to camp:cheers:

Back