• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Happy Holiday’s Sale! Gears, Bearing Kits, Lockers and Axles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i would call upon NAXJA to close this thread down & investigate a bit since ive been chasing Eric since christmas to get my issue fixed!! I have yet to go public with my issues with him & National Drivetrain since its only fair to give him a chance to fix it.

But he got my faxes weeks ago & i finally caught him on the phone last Wed & his voice was VERY "shakey" appologizing & promising to call me back... as of today, nothing!!!

I really think this vendor should be taken down as there are many others with better service!! I onced called Just Differentials up by accident asking for Eric & they were like, "u mean Eric from Nat Drivetrain?" As i was appologizing he was laughing his head off & told me that he has had many of NEW customers come to them after their dealings with him & N.D.!!! I told him id call him back when i need parts!! LMAO!!

Ok so whats the proper way of reporting "bad dealings" with a naxja vendor without blowin up on a thread?? Is there someone specific to contact & talk to or should i post the issue up in the "vendors feedback" spot???
:smsoap:

Ok so whats the proper way of reporting "bad dealings" with a naxja vendor without blowin up on a thread?? Is there someone specific to contact & talk to or should i post the issue up in the "vendors feedback" spot???

Someone just called to inform me of this.
My appologies for the delay to anyone waiting for a PM, the forum hasnt been sending me reply/PM notifications.

Senior_XJ,
I'm not sure what you would like me to do past what we have already discussed yesterday.

Eaton supplied us with the wrong part number for a race required for their locker so we supplied you with the wrong race. I couldnt be more embarresed, I should have recognised that it was the wrong part number.

By Eaton’s own admittance the directions for the E-locker are out of date and don’t instruct the need for a special shim to use on the outside of the bearing race.
Your shop had to source a GM 10-bolt shim kit.

Your front axle kit had the wrong seal in it from the manufacturer, which is beyond my control, so your shop sourced 2 inner axle tube seals.

You said you couldn’t get a hold of me directly.
For that I apologies, I am the only outside rep on the west coast and I can be difficult to contact from time to time as I can be out of town or out of the office.
From the dates of your receipts, I was in the office every day that I can tell and should not have been hard to get a hold of.
Had you left a voice mail I would have gladly taken care of the problem promptly.

You state above that you were “chasing” me since Christmas for this issue but your parts weren’t installed until February 22nd and our first contact wasn’t until March 9th.
Apologetic, yes. Shaky? I highly doubt it.
You said you would have your shop fax their receipts and you would call back. You called yesterday.

For those parts that would have cost us about 18.00, you sent me 141.00 in receipts from your installer demanding a refund or you would take it to the "next level" and bad mouth me on this board, which come to find, you were already doing.

I went through your receipts and noticed you had the cost of a steering tie rod end added in the receipts for 34.00
I told you we would credit you the costs of the additional parts your shop sold you for 107.00. Your 141.00 in receipts minus the 34.00 steering part that wasn’t part of our transaction.

This seems more than fair, and I’m not sure what else it will take to make you happy. My personal opinion is nothing else will.

To my knowledge, in the last 3 years as a NAXJA sponsor/vendor you are my first unfixable problem.
Once again, my deepest apologies for your hassle.

Eric

Someone just called to inform me of this.
My appologies for the delay to anyone waiting for a PM, the forum hasnt been sending me reply/PM notifications.

Senior_XJ,
I'm not sure what you would like me to do past what we have already discussed yesterday.

Eaton supplied us with the wrong part number for a race required for their locker so we supplied you with the wrong race. I couldnt be more embarresed, I should have recognised that it was the wrong part number.

By Eaton’s own admittance the directions for the E-locker are out of date and don’t instruct the need for a special shim to use on the outside of the bearing race.
Your shop had to source a GM 10-bolt shim kit.

Your front axle kit had the wrong seal in it from the manufacturer, which is beyond my control, so your shop sourced 2 inner axle tube seals.

You said you couldn’t get a hold of me directly.
For that I apologies, I am the only outside rep on the west coast and I can be difficult to contact from time to time as I can be out of town or out of the office.
From the dates of your receipts, I was in the office every day that I can tell and should not have been hard to get a hold of.
Had you left a voice mail I would have gladly taken care of the problem promptly.

You state above that you were “chasing” me since Christmas for this issue but your parts weren’t installed until February 22nd and our first contact wasn’t until March 9th.
Apologetic, yes. Shaky? I highly doubt it.
You said you would have your shop fax their receipts and you would call back. You called yesterday.

For those parts that would have cost us about 18.00, you sent me 141.00 in receipts from your installer demanding a refund or you would take it to the "next level" and bad mouth me on this board, which come to find, you were already doing.

I went through your receipts and noticed you had the cost of a steering tie rod end added in the receipts for 34.00
I told you we would credit you the costs of the additional parts your shop sold you for 107.00. Your 141.00 in receipts minus the 34.00 steering part that wasn’t part of our transaction.

This seems more than fair, and I’m not sure what else it will take to make you happy. My personal opinion is nothing else will.

To my knowledge, in the last 3 years as a NAXJA sponsor/vendor you are my first unfixable problem.
Once again, my deepest apologies for your hassle.

Eric

It seems u didnt notice that i did NOT mention what the situation was, & that i just expressed my unhappiness which is normal to do in a bad situation.

Since u spelled it all out now, let me correct u & state some FACTS here:
1) The job started on the morning of feb 17 & would have been completed at the end of the 18th which is a friday. I know the shop personaly so the deal was already set up & was to ditch my 30, start with a straight one, clean it up rust free, paint it, truss it, upper & lower C gussets, flipping the UTK to an OTK steering, shafts, seals, & gear setup,, all for $750

2) On the 18th it was discovered that the bearings were wrong & the hunt began. They had issues with motive saying that THE SHOP had to go thru a distributor for parts which is YOU. I gave the shop ur # & they didnt get u on the phone. Now the weekend comes & the job is held up.

3) Finally they get the bearings, start the instal & now the seals & shims are wrong. Its now the 22nd as the hunt begins for the seals & shims... VERY IMPORTANT... i am now calling u & that week alone i left 3 messages on YOUR voicemail describing the situation & leaving all of my info of which u already have.

4) Finally the job is done in 7 days & i didnt get the truss nor the steering flipped due to going over budget & the bill was a few bucks shy of a grand!!

...Eric you have NEVER,, let me say this twice,, you have NEVER picked up the phone once from the 18th of feb till this very second & called me back!!!!!!!!! I even added in PMs on here & spoke to someone else at Nat Drivetrain who said they would email u asap & i still got no call back. You recieved the faxed reciepts 2 weeks ago & yet i finally got u on the phone last Wed & u said ud go over them & call me back which ofcouse u didnt do!! So the weekend goes by & i finally get u on the phone yesterday & u had me on hold for 10min while u went thru the reciepts that uve had for 2 weeks & YES ur voice was shakey as u knew fair well that u have been avoiding calling me back!!
...We then figured out together that the parts totaled $107 of which i agreed with but when i mentioned the added labor costs, ut told me i was SOL & thats when i got upset. Did u even read my posts where u claim i bad mouthed u??? Alls i said was that i had a situation where u werent calling me back & that id give u the chance to right a wrong situation!! Hey mistakes happen, but u NEVER called back,, EVER!! Scroll back Eric & re-read where i bad mouthed u!!!!

...Heres the FINAL outcome NO MATTER what the argument is:
...A 2 day job took 7 days,
...A $750 bill became a $1000 bill,
...The truss & steering didnt get done,
& alls i got from u was a headache & $107 bucks. I never blamed u for the mistake but it is yours to fix... i never was rude to u on the phone until u said Nat Drive wont re-emburse me the extra incured labor... u said ud have to hand it off to someone else & id have to argue my case further...

These are ALL FACTS Eric & the biggest mistake u made was NEVER calling me back even once!!!!!!!!!!! Case Closed.

Eric, PLEASE give me a call asap!!!

Look Eric, this was 3 weeks ago,, u have voice mails,, emails from other employees,, & personal messages on this forum at this point from me!!!! When i posted this reply, i had been calling u since the 22nd of FEBUARY yet there is no bad mouthing BUT also NO CALL BACK!!!

At this point, i would just say lets end it & buery the situation, BUT the lousy $107 has NOT yet been credited to the credit card.... :gag:

I need 4.88's for my 89 xj. Currently 3.55, so I need a Dana 30 bare case, gears, and master install kits. Rear is currently a Dana 35, but can I get a quote for it and 1 for a ford 8.8?

Ya know...
Eric is both a supplier for some items I sell, as well as a competitor (if you will), and also a great guy, I dont think you will find one person here on the west coast, say differently.

I have Never had a issue getting a hold of him.

Its unfortunate you had issues, but you seem Not to be the norm at all.

To everyone else that visits this thread. Dont let this One issue with a hard to deal with customer, sway you from Eric or National. Great company with great people..

Ya know...
Eric is both a supplier for some items I sell, as well as a competitor (if you will), and also a great guy, I dont think you will find one person here on the west coast, say differently.

I have Never had a issue getting a hold of him.

Its unfortunate you had issues, but you seem Not to be the norm at all.

To everyone else that visits this thread. Dont let this One issue with a hard to deal with customer, sway you from Eric or National. Great company with great people..

Listen, im NOT startin another internet war with u over some stuff that happened in the past for starters;

2nd, Eric was a nice guy, easy to deal with & he got me my parts before the holidays hit which was great.

3rd, im NOT a "hard to deal with customer" which is unfair for YOU to say that just because you didnt get the sale & my money went to him instead. You've held a grudge against me ever since i told u someone beat ur price by $200 bucks for the SAME parts, so im askin u to PLEASE dont argue with me anymore past this point!!!

Last, if u read my situation clearly, my issue with Eric was not that he sent the wrong parts, (we all make mistakes), however i called him & tried contacting him thru numerous sources, voice mails at his number, messages with other employees, emails were sent, & ofcorse PMs on this board. The cold fact is that he has NEVER EVER once picked up the phone & called me back which is where ANYONE would get upset & was the main reason for my negative experience in dealing with him!!!!

One last time, lets PLEASE berry the hatchet & lets NOT argue anymore past this point!!??

Thank you. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back