• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pictures from SoCal Fest 07

I left La Habra at 1pm on Friday and had camp set up in Serrano #97 by about 4pm. John, Matt and I headed for 2N04 and picked up some trash along the way before heading back to camp.

Saturday morning 5 of us ran 1N01 Pipes Canyon all the way down to the gate at the forest boundry.

We had lunch at Pipes Canyon Campground. The Freelanders were working all along 1N01 which is their Adopt-A-Trail.

After reaching the top again we headed down 2N64Y to Doc's Cabin. Continuing down 2N64Y we passed Juniper Springs Campground before heading East on 2N01. We headed West on 2N02 to 2N90 Tip Top Mountain.

We ran all 3 fingers of Tip Top Mountain and even climbed to the Peak.

Stephan, Sonja, Tony and myself headed Northwest on 2N02 back to Hwy 38 and back to Serrano for dinner and the raffle.

Sunday morning after breakfast in Fawnskin I headed for 3N14 to 3N11. I took 3N11A to Liberty Mine and Wright Mine and then over to 3N17.

Continuing on to 3N16 and then to Big Bear for gas and home by 6pm.

Temps on 3N17 reached the low 70s. Quite a range of temps this weekend.

All my photos can be found at
http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/FishPOET/Big%20Bear/NAXJA%205-07/

I saw pics of the Unimog...those are cool! How did it do?

Ok gang, I made a small photobucket album with the pics we shot, lemme know if the link doesn't work! This is the moderate/hard-with-options run led by Bent (Tim) through Onyx & Pontiac Sluice on Saturday morning. Took a good portion of the day since the ride was long, back at camp by 5 pm and HAPPY with the way it all turned out, couldn't pick a better group of guys than NAXJA members to wheel with. http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/SkwerlyXJ/SoCalFest 2007/

Skwerly said:
Ok gang, I made a small photobucket album with the pics we shot, lemme know if the link doesn't work! This is the moderate/hard-with-options run led by Bent (Tim) through Onyx & Pontiac Sluice on Saturday morning. Took a good portion of the day since the ride was long, back at camp by 5 pm and HAPPY with the way it all turned out, couldn't pick a better group of guys than NAXJA members to wheel with. http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/SkwerlyXJ/SoCalFest%202007/

Nice Pictures...:wave:

We've all been here:

BigBear07026.jpg

djblade311 said:
I saw pics of the Unimog...those are cool! How did it do?

It was actually a Pinzgauer. The guy flopped it on its side at the beginning of Deep Creek. We had to wait over an hour for that guy and his group (TJs and Yotas) to get up the waterfall.

GSequoia said:
We've all been here:

BigBear07026.jpg

yeah... on the way up the top hose slipped off a bit and i leaked half my coolant out. when i got there the bottom hose developed a slow leak, and right before i left the heater valve started pissing all over. add that to my steering box leaking around the output shaft and i had a great weekend!

the weird thing is, now that im home all the leaks have stopped completely? i dont get it lol. the only thing i fixed was sliding the top hose back on all the way.

Here are a few that we took from Pontiac Sluice

Cherikon and Kraker
Cherikon%20and%20Kracker%202.JPG

Cherikon%20and%20Kraker.JPG

Little flex on my new RE 3.5 Superflex
Cherikon%20little%20flex.JPG

Skwerly giving that rock the business end
Skwerly%201.JPG

The rock giving Skwerly the business end:moon:
Skwerly%202.JPG

Enjoy,

Coullt

GrimmJeeper said:
the weird thing is, now that im home all the leaks have stopped completely? i dont get it lol. the only thing i fixed was sliding the top hose back on all the way.
It's because I touched your jeep. notice how everything I touched on it some how worked better the bracket bolts, the hose etc...

Back