• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacing seals around window...

jmg222

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
complete newb question … was trying out a different rune profile on my motor last night, and noticed that the seals -- the exterior rubber whether stripping that frames the window-- around the door windows are all shot (I had rolled my truck two years ago, the doors are all donors). since I've replaced everything else on the dammed thing, may as well replace those. Never done it before, prefer not to use the trial-and-error method. what's involved in doing this? where can I buy new seals?

I just replaced mine and got the seals on teamcherokee.com. Good fitment, nice and flexible too, definitely better than the 25 year old torn ones I had. I was replacing window glass at the same time, so I had the entire window and wing window assembly out, it was a very simple exercise at that point.

They just clip into place, no glue or anything, so it is just a matter of persuading the old seals out and getting the new ones lined up properly.

complete newb question … was trying out a different rune profile on my motor last night, and noticed that the seals -- the exterior rubber whether stripping that frames the window-- around the door windows are all shot (I had rolled my truck two years ago, the doors are all donors). since I've replaced everything else on the dammed thing, may as well replace those. Never done it before, prefer not to use the trial-and-error method. what's involved in doing this? where can I buy new seals?
:laugh:

I haven't shelled out the coin to do this, but I've read once replaced it's common for the doors to take a bit more effort to shut. Just fyi if you do and it's not as you remembered.

The Uchannel felt that is on the sides of the window, is fairly generic and is available cheap at rockauto.com

The wipe seals is a bit harder to find. rockauto used to have it but I haven't checked lately.

thanks!

Back