• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans QC fitting stuck in trans

blakews2217

NAXJA Forum User
Hoping to get some ideas.

2000 xj , had a stroker motor, ate a lifter and swapped a JY motor in. I fudged up the trans cooler lines and decided I’ll splurge. Got everything for about 100.

Do to take QC fittings out of trans, back comes out fine. The front rounds. Shit. So I continue to get things buttoned up.

Tile for test drive. I pull it out of the garage into the drive way and it’s bleeding trails.

I put the new line in the old QC fitting. And it leaks BAD

So I need to get the old one out. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a o-ring fitting so it shouldn't even be that tight! A flare nut wrench might be a good choice also.

It's a o-ring fitting so it shouldn't even be that tight! A flare nut wrench might be a good choice also.

aw4-7.jpg

I think the OP is talking about the fittings on the side of the trans, with the line disconnected you can get a 6 point socket on them and apply enough torque to get them loose.

Well I got it. A 15/16 socket slid right on and was able to get my 4’ breaker bar on it. I was afraid it was going to snap off. But it came out. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Now into bigger problems...........Death wobble.

I’ve never been dragged from my lane by death wobble. It hit at 40 when I went over tracks, and didn’t stop till like 10. I was doing 75 less than a minute before. I slowed down because the light after the tracks was red. I watched the paint go from yellow to white and back a few times.

Make sure to start a new thread. But to get started, check "EVERYTHING" in the front end!

Back