• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case skid for Clayton long arms

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
Anbody know of a transfer case skid or full bell pan that will work with Clayton long arms?

I made a skid for my t-case out of an old Ford Ranger skid I had laying around. If you have basic fab skills, it's not too tough to do. I don't know specifically of one made for the Clayton's x-member, but it's a nice thick piece of steel with a flat bottom, a reinforced flat plate can be located to it with several self-tapping bolts. That's essentially what I did.

You don't even have Clayton's longarms you liar :pirate1:

hahaha

Serious note, I don't know of anyone that makes a compatible one with that style of crossmember. Probably gonna need a custom one off. You could probably make a factory t-case skid work after modification.

I'd give Clayton a call, he does one that fits if you have rear coild conversion as well. He's been pretty helpful whenever I've called about RHD parts.

WheelinJR said:
You don't even have Clayton's longarms you liar :pirate1:

Um, yes he does.

I've reused the stock skid plates on most of the rigs we've done the Clayton's stuff on. Either drill/tap two holes in the crossmember or just a couple of litle stitch welds.

Nick (outlawjeeper) has a Warn t-case skid on his rig /w the Clayton's setup that fit REALLY nicely. I'll try and get a pic of it up.

J

Avanteone said:
Um, yes he does.

I've reused the stock skid plates on most of the rigs we've done the Clayton's stuff on. Either drill/tap two holes in the crossmember or just a couple of litle stitch welds.

Nick (outlawjeeper) has a Warn t-case skid on his rig /w the Clayton's setup that fit REALLY nicely. I'll try and get a pic of it up.

J

Eli was going to put my stock one back on... but mine Xmember is an inch lower because of the of the manual tranny

Back