• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those Familiar with Jantz/Yukon U joints...

LouisianaZJ

NAXJA Member #1362
i have been running some jantz/yukon super joints for about a yr. maybe 6 wheelin trips on them.
i was going on a trip tommorow and i saw one of the joints had the copper grease around the joint. i clened it off and regreased (no noticable leakage while greasing). took for a test drive and i could see where some had oozed out....
looks like one of the orings between the cap and cross has gone bad. can i wheel on this tommorow or should i swap in a spare shaft?

also is it possible to rebuild/dissasemble the joint without messing it up? it was a PITA putting it together due to the huge cross and the alloys... anyone taken one apart before off a ujoint? tips....

also on the opposite side i think i saw a small fatigue crack on a superior alloy ear....
:gonnablow

They aren't really that difficult to take apart.
As long as you put it together with the recess in the right spot, you'll be okay.

I think it'll be fine for a trip.
The anti seize in it will keep out the elements.

leak

warn shaft.. crack or machining defect?

superior SMALL fatigue crack? i removed the paint..still cant really see it in pictures...
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2038/yukon0080wi.jpg
about taking them apart. i remember i had forgotten a spring or oring when i first put them together and had a hard time getting the cups pushed out far enough to grab onto it and pull it all the way out or something like that. if i take it apart i am replacing all the orings for sure

Last edited:
LouisianaZJ said:
leak

warn shaft.. crack or machining defect?

superior SMALL fatigue crack? i removed the paint..still cant really see it in pictures...
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2038/yukon0080wi.jpg
about taking them apart. i remember i had forgotten a spring or oring when i first put them together and had a hard time getting the cups pushed out far enough to grab onto it and pull it all the way out or something like that. if i take it apart i am replacing all the orings for sure

That "fatigue crack" just looks like a casting mark to me.

Hard to get a good look at it though with the fuzzy pictures.

Dirk Pitt said:
That "fatigue crack" just looks like a casting mark to me.

Hard to get a good look at it though with the fuzzy pictures.
I concur

Back