• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best bang for the buck aftermarket u-joint with 4340 dana 44 alloy axles???

Best bang for the buck aftermarket u-joint with 4340 dana 44 alloy axles

• Total voters

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
Best bang for the buck aftermarket u-joint with 4340 dana 44 alloy axles???

I know CTMs are the most expensive and probably the best, but how do the OX u-joints, Yukon alloy, Super joint, Longfield, 760 Spicer stack up for the cost of them and what you get as a strength increase?

I know some them you can externally grease with a gun, while others you need to disassemble to grease. I'm looking to get a good response on these u-joints used in a dana 44 with manual hubs so burning up the grease with using these u-joints in a stock dana 30 without manual hubs isn't considered.
Currently I'm leaning towards Yukon 4340 alloy shafts for my hp44 f-150 axle with Yukon joints or OX joints. Are these both very close in strength? The OX has some interesting features like the non conventional snap ring design instead using an internal holding system etc etc. What do you guys think?

I started up the alloy axle thread, but now since so many have said that the alloy axle manufacturers don't warranty their stuff due to busted u-joints, what u-joints should be run since this is mostly what fails in the 30/44.

Back