• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grand Cherokee Seats?

karter74

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone swapped newer grand cherokee seats into their XJ? I ask this because I would kill for heated seats and I feel that if they fit correctly I could make a switch for it to work in my XJ. Any ideas?

Shop around, there are a couple of companies that make add in seat heaters. Super easy to install and not too expensive. About $80 a seat if I recall correctly.

someone put in some WJ seats and it was a direct bolt in... i think it was in this forum? do a search and see what comes up. I'll take a look on JU and post what i find.

brandon

shimmy said:
someone put in some WJ seats and it was a direct bolt in... i think it was in this forum? do a search and see what comes up. I'll take a look on JU and post what i find.

brandon

It was on JU... But it was using WJ seats, on 97 and later XJ seat rails. The WJ seats were a direct bolt on to the XJ seat rails...

Ivan

I am actually more curious how you plan to wire the seats up. I actually got a set of heated XJ seats for my XJ. I have some of the wireing but not all of it. The factory switches have a heat sensor and a hi/low temp sensor. I have yet to entirely figure out how to wire it up.

I'd like to create up a simple switch (toggle or potentiometer or something) so I can run them on my own. But I am still concerned about overheating the seat elements.

I would like to know about this aswell, as I got stuck with some WJ seats off of ebay that the guy said were out of a Cherokee. He never mentioned the "Grand" part. I even asked him if they were out of a Cherokee (not grand).

~Jeremy

01-XJ said:
I would like to know about this aswell, as I got stuck with some WJ seats off of ebay that the guy said were out of a Cherokee. He never mentioned the "Grand" part. I even asked him if they were out of a Cherokee (not grand).

~Jeremy

Just take out your Cherokee seat (frame rail and all), remove the frame rail from the XJ seat, and bolt up the WJ seats. The WJ seats should bolt up to the XJ seat rail. Then just install it in your XJ.... It should only be about a 15 minute operation per each seat....

sweetjeep said:
I am actually more curious how you plan to wire the seats up. I actually got a set of heated XJ seats for my XJ. I have some of the wireing but not all of it. The factory switches have a heat sensor and a hi/low temp sensor. I have yet to entirely figure out how to wire it up.

I'd like to create up a simple switch (toggle or potentiometer or something) so I can run them on my own. But I am still concerned about overheating the seat elements.
I've done this conversion to my 97 XJ with heated leather seats from a 99 XJ Limited. What year is your XJ and what trim level is it?

Ivan said:
It was on JU... But it was using WJ seats, on 97 and later XJ seat rails. The WJ seats were a direct bolt on to the XJ seat rails...

Ivan

When did the seat mounting change? I was always under the impression that it was changed in 95 or 96 to the newer design.
Since mine is a 96, I'd LOVE to have WJ seats just bolt onto the brackets.

~Brian

Will ZJ seats work as well? So you need can only bolt the Grand Cherokee seats to the Cherokee seat brackets and not swap in the complete seat with bracket from the Grand Cherokee to the Cherokee? I'm looking to do this conversion to make my wife happy so I can sell my 96' Limited and keep my more gas friendly 98' 2 dr 5 speed XJ.

Troy

Big Red said:
Will ZJ seats work as well? So you need can only bolt the Grand Cherokee seats to the Cherokee seat brackets and not swap in the complete seat with bracket from the Grand Cherokee to the Cherokee? I'm looking to do this conversion to make my wife happy so I can sell my 96' Limited and keep my more gas friendly 98' 2 dr 5 speed XJ.

Troy

yes

So you can bolt in ZJ or WJ seats and brackets into a 95'+ XJ? I see people only bolting WJ seats and reusing their stock XJ seat brackets. I'm looking to get power leather ZJ or WJ seats in my 98' XJ 2 dr Sport.

Sorry to be redundant, but I want to make sure before I spend $250-400 on Grand Cherokee leather seats.

Back