• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my Ox Super Joints today

Loose_Nuts_Enterprises

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
These things are burly....and heavy.
ox_u-joint.jpg

These should compliment my warn shafts nicely.

Dan

At risk of SPOBI-osity, my sales rep told me that the Spicer 297s fail at around 6000 lbs pressure, CTMs fail around 12,000 lbs, and the OX joint broke the testing fixture at 23,000 lbs. Don't know if it's a sales pitch or not, but interesting none the less.

Dan

OX joints are great. Friend has had them on his CJ w/ locked HP D44 running a Vortec 5.3L and 37" Boggers. In over one year of HARD trail use he hasn't broken anything.

Last edited:
Only time will tell of their true real world strength.
What is the warranty on the OX u joints?
Do they still make the lockers?

Jes

I cant wait for those shaft u-joint combos that are coming out. Will you be able to get them when the do. soposed to be as strong as a stock dana 60 shaft :shocked:

I have never heard of anyone that has ever broken a CTM... That sounds like a sales pitch to me..

I keep the spicers so they act like a fuse easier to fix then internal parts!

Northern Pride said:
I have never heard of anyone that has ever broken a CTM... That sounds like a sales pitch to me..

Don't get over to Pirate much huh? :laugh3:

Northern Pride said:

I keep the spicers so they act like a fuse easier to fix then internal parts!

:dunce:

Back