• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yukon super 35

kirby

NAXJA Forum User
I'm new to the site and don't know if anyone has ever commented on the yukon super 35 kit. I have a 98 cherokee with a 6" lift and 33 x 12.5 BFG MT'S. Thanks to those on the site I have chosen a rigidco bumper that I can pick up and not pay shipping for. What I want to know about the super 35 kit is how nice do I have to be with it? I have already destroyed my rearend once that's why I chose to go with it. Unlike what I've heard from people that break the spiders I managed to completely rip the part of the carrier holding the ring gear completely off of the carrier and make a thousand peices out of it.

Generally speaking, I'd advise against investing any amount of $$$ into a D35 (beyond oil changes or brake pad/cyl rehab) IMHO it's just money thrown away.

That said, there are plenty of folks here who have done some pretty serious wheeling with a D35...one in particular welded a homemade truss on his (to help prevent the dreaded D35 tube bendage) Carry spare shafts and plan to swap em on the side of the trail?

I had the Yukon Super 35 Kit with detroit in my old 35 rear and had no problems with it. I ran 38.5 TSL SXs and i was not easy on the skinny pedal :D

But i had a old non-c-clip axle so with a c-clip axle you should have no problems up to 35s.

the super 35 kit gives you a detroit, which alone is stout, along with the same size shafts as a 44. the problem with the housing is not only the bent tubes but the size of the bearing caps. now if someone had a diff cover that had addl support for the driver side bearing cap, then all you would need is to truss the pig and beat the heck out of it.

C-clips

I've got a c-clip Dana 35 on mine right now and decided that no matter how much money I put into it that I'd still have a Dana 35, so I just bought a Dana 44 out of a late 80s XJ. The cost of that dif with the re-gear and a Detroit locker only ran me about $100 more than it would have cost to build a Dana 35. Since I'm only planning on going to 33s maybe what I'm doing is overkill, but I couldn't stand the thought of seeing me wheel with a piece of axle attached rolling down a hilll into a ravine.

Back