• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Limited Time! Lock-Right locker Dana 30 $220!!!!

RustysOffroad

NAXJA Forum User
Normally $310 now for a limited time $220!!! + S/H
We can be reached at 256-442-0607 or here:
http://www.rustysoffroad.com/lock-right-locker-dana-model-30.html

The LOCK-RIGHT's operation is fully automatic. Designed to send the engine power to the wheels with the most traction, the LOCK-RIGHT will help get you where you want to go. While traveling straight the LOCK-RIGHT will lock the axles together similar to a spool. However, when the wheels need to differentiate in a turn, the LOCK-RIGHT will allow the outside wheel to rotate faster to complete the turn. The internal gears on the LOCK-RIGHT will overrun each other to allow this differentiation. When operating off-road, the LOCK-RIGHT will always send the engine power to the wheels that need it most. For example, if you are rock crawling and one wheel is in the air (complete loss of traction), the wheel on the ground will receive the engine power and keep you going. Whether it be snow, sand, mud, ice, etc... the LOCK-RIGHT will give you the traction you need.

Although smoother than other competitive locking differentials, the brute force characteristics of the POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT Locker limit general application in less tolerant and more mainstream applications. In some vehicles, you will hear a light clicking noise as the gears are overrunning themselves and allowing the wheels to differentiate in a turn. This is normal of most lockers on the market today. We recommend the LOCK-RIGHT for vehicles that are primarily driven in severe driving conditions or are used for recreational off-roading. For vehicles that are driven daily or require more mainstream application, the POWERTRAX TRACTION SYSTEMS offer quieter and smoother performance.

Lock_Right_30_zpscf0d217a.jpg

in the front D30...

the lock right should be invisible in 2H. youll hear some clicks, bangs, and pops, but there should be zero steering input or undesirable driving characteristics.

in 4wd, the locker locks up when power is applied, and should feel similar to a spool. this is just how the locker is designed to work. when you remove power (take your foot off the pedal and coast) the locker will disengage.

i have no experience with the lock right unit, but the design is (essentially) the same as the aussie that i have in my D30. regardless, cheap traction for sure.

in the front D30...

the lock right should be invisible in 2H. youll hear some clicks, bangs, and pops, but there should be zero steering input or undesirable driving characteristics.

in 4wd, the locker locks up when power is applied, and should feel similar to a spool. this is just how the locker is designed to work. when you remove power (take your foot off the pedal and coast) the locker will disengage.

i have no experience with the lock right unit, but the design is (essentially) the same as the aussie that i have in my D30. regardless, cheap traction for sure.

My buddy just put an Aussie in his d30 and says on speed runs in 2wd he can feel it in the steering lock and unlock, making it undesirable. And kind of sketchy, he also doesn't like the extra effort it takes to turn under 4wd I haven't got the chance to test this yet so it's just hear say. If I didnt need steering first I'd look into this.

ive found much better results.

i hear mine click, bang, and pop in 2wd, but have zero steering input. id suggest taking a look at the tolerances in their instructions, and checking fluid levels. i run 285/75R16s (basically a 33x11.50) on moabs. so my tires arent huge, and are fairly light for their size. i dont have a hard time turning the tires in the rocks. at least not to the point where i think a selectable locker or open diff would make a difference. the only reasonable remedy i see if i develope this issue when i go to bigger tires is hydro assist.

Solid review. For the price it is tough to beat.
Still on sale. :)

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/lock-right-locker-dana-model-30.html

in the front D30...

got it installed today. Very smooth. If I wasn't really trying to notice it I couldn't even tell it was in there.

Also do you know of a lunchbox locker for a LSD 8.8?

Last edited:
how much longer is this going on? My lockright is acting stupid so it may be time to replace her.

Back