• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Compressor

jeepster_259

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Sanden U4691 A/C compressor from my 1998 XJ Cherokee. The compressor works fine, but the pulley bearing is shot. I was going to replace the bearing myself, which costs $40 from Autozone, but I couldn't get the old bearing out. Everything was working fine with it, but it made a loud whirring noise with the A/C off (the bearing). When the A/C was on, the noise went away. A new compressor will cost you $300 and a junkyard will charge anywhere from $100-200.

This compressor will fit 97-01 XJ's with the refrigerant lines mounted on top of the compressor. I'm willing to let it go for $50 (shipping is extra if you need it). Send me a PM if interested!

This picture is not of my actual compressor, but the same kind so you can see what it looks like.

I found a replacement for $10 less than what I was anticipating, so I'll reduce the price on my accordingly.

New price: $40...if you have a bad compressor, just swap your pulley on and voila! Get your A/C back or make yourself an air compressor. Can't beat the price!

Do you still have the compressor? Actualy I need a good rebuildable ac clutch. My pulley bearing went out and destroyed the clutch surfaces and melted the magnat. I dont mind geting a new bearing for your clutch assembly if it's still for sale. Thanks, Angus

Back