• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do I get out of this ticket??

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I know I already posted this on SoCal.. but Sierra chapter has quite a few CA people in it as well and someone might have an idea here.....

Towing trailers on the freeway and CA Vehicle code
OK.... so I got a citation that is really funky and my question is:
if a traffic is doing 50 (all lanes are congested due to lanes being merged due to construction) and speed limit is 60 and I'm doing 50 just like the rest of them... and I be in the fast lane? I got cited for disobeying posted signs and I saw now signs about where I can be and where I cannot be (on top of that I was on that freeway for only two miles!!! And it's not my area either!!)

Anyone knows anyting about similar situations??

Thanks
Kejtar

Vehicles with trailers are restricted to the two right-hand lanes, UNLESS there are only two lanes, when they are "generally" restricted to the right-hand lane, unless overtaking a slower vehicle. I don't remember the CVC cite on that yet, but that's the basic idea.

I have found that buying a copy of the CVC next time you go to DMV tends to be a good investment - it's saved me more than a few bucks, and was a good way to blow $5.

5-90

Pay the ticket, quit your whinning.

Rev

* Please note that my opinon here had nothing to do with the fact that YOU went to Moab and I was unable to.

Yep, 5-90's right, you gotta stay in the right hand lane. Thats most likelywhy the cop even spotted you. But double check with the vehicle code, because more than once cops have written the wrong CVC on the ticket and then you might have a leg to stand on in court.
Just my 2 cents.:anon:

go back

go back to where you actually got the ticket, the construction may have taken down the signs. that could work to your advantage i imagine. but just check the ticket twice, make sure there are no fowl ups, I have gottne out of two tickets because the cops filled them out wrong.
good luck

Greg

ketjar,

Basically the above about lane restrictions is correct. Two right hand lanes. But there are exceptions......an example is down your way.

When proceeding down I-5 through LA county commercial trucks with trailers need to move into the two left lanes to either continue down I-5 south or proceed east on Hwy 60, if you stay on the right two lanes you end up on I-10W(?). I am unsure of how far ahead the trucks are able to merge left to make Hwy 60 or I-5S.

You also mentioned there was construction occuring, this also allows for some exceptions to the lane restrictions.

Do some research.

Good luck,
Tom

Another twist....

What if the citation only has the vehicle code and description, but no details?? it says:
"21461(A) VC - fail to obey official traffic (posted) signs"

It provides me with no details whatsover!

also on the ticket it has a spot where say "misdemeanor or Infraction (Circle)" and neither is circled. Does that mean that the ticket is not complete??

Thanks
Remi

Be contrite. Tell your story (with pictures if possible). Don't go in with rightous indignation or a chip on your shoulder (no pun intended). Don't belabour the technicalities unless they make the citation ambiguous. A change of venue is a great idea if you can get it to happen, the officer may not travel to court. Keep your answers to the judge short and to the point.

The National Motorists Association has great resources for this, but the best docs are only available for members. I can get you specific docs if you tell me which ones you want...

http://www.motorists.com/issues/tickets/

There are free sections on the site as well.

Google for more info from other places, lots of folks have placed great advice and help on the web.

take it from a trucker... YOUR SOL. pay it and goto traffic school. If anyhting in court 1 of tow things could happen. !- the copmay not show= you win and I eat crow 2-he does show= your fine incresses

Back